Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. Hi, welcome to the new look UKPlumbersForums.co.uk - Login with your usual login details, or sign up if you don't already have an account. If you post just once, all the advertisements get automatically removed. We have some competitions coming soon, and lots of new feaures. 

2. WARNING! We do NOT provide advice related to Gas or other fuels to people who are not currently an official registered Heating Engineer. Do NOT ask for advice related to boiler repairs or installs. You need to find a heating engineer instead.

Either seeking or providing advice on UKPlumbersForums.co.uk may result in your account being suspended or removed. These rules are in place to prevent deaths, which can easily occur from messing with heating systems when you're not qualified to do so.

Discuss Worcester 30CDI pressure problem from yesterday, Help please.. in the Gas Safe Register Forum - Public Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. yeha1

yeha1 Guest

Right guys, I found the problem, 1 of the valves was leaking from the pipe were the screw thread is, only found it as the water was dripping through the brickwork into the conservatory,
    Anyway I drained a bit of the system to change the valve and refilled and bleed all the radiators but the problem I have now is when I turned the heating on there is a trickeling sound from one of the upstairs radiators.
    I turned the heating on and off a few times last night but each time I turned it back on I heard the trickeling.
    All the radiators heat up its just the trickeling as I turn it on.????
    I dont want to sound thick as I havent muck knowledge of heating systems but have you any ideas on what this is and how to solve it.

Thanks Guys

2. rob jefkins

rob jefkins Guest

Have you bled all the rads?

3. yeha1

yeha1 Guest

I have, except for the one I have off in the back bedroom to decorate, it is the front bedroom that has the trickeling sound when turned on.

4. moony

moony Guest

bled when cold ?

5. yeha1

yeha1 Guest

Yes, I guess I need to put the rad back on to get it to full working order? or doesnt it matter.?
    Thanks

6. rob jefkins

rob jefkins Guest

Yes mate, it does matter. Once it's on fill up, pressure up on boiler and bleed again. Should stop the trikling noise!!

7. yeha1

yeha1 Guest

Thanks 'Rob' will give it a rty once the room has been plastered this weekend.
    Thanks for all your help guys.
    Daz.