Search the forum,

Discuss Worcester 30CDI banging when not in use!!!??? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

sammathias

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hey all, trying to get to the bottom of an intermittent fault on a 5 year old worcester 30cdi.
Basically most times the heating has been on for a while and is switched off the boiler makes banging noises awhile after!! i personally am yet to experience the noises as im never around long enough, but the customer is adamant. Anyone come across this before??

I done a full service on the boiler today, adjusted the co/co2 readings slightly.
fan pressure was fine at -4.8
working pressure 19mbar.
Ran the boiler upto temp, no noises.

Rang technical who where not very helpful what so ever.

Any ideas would be much appreciate? :clap:

Anti seize pump mode ??

Cheers for the fast reply shaun, just read up on the pump anti seize. this says the pump will run after 24 hours of inactivity. this banging noise happens an hour or so after heating is turnt off....even so... surely it shouldnt make a loud banging noise? if it was happening prematurely, would it be a pump fault or possible pcb?
Usually get half decent advise off technical but this guy basically just said if all your checks are good and you havent heard the banging yourself how is he suppose to know there even is a fault. Well because they wouldnt be calling me out for nothing fella!!!

Expansions noises you checked expansion vessel ?

i never checked the vessel pressure but i did ask if they ever have to top pressure up/ does pressure rise high and they said no never...

Is it definitely the boiler making a noise and not coincidental water hammer

May be if there's a zone valve on the system it could be a stuck micro switch putting live thro' when off, causing boiler to fire.

Filling loop left or seized open, prv banging?

Customer is addament its the boiler, as for water hammer there is a vessel fitted on the cold feed to the boiler, as for filling loop its integral with key removed and prv isilnt passing. Thanks for all the comments tho. Would be great to get to the bottom of it!

The plate hex might be knackered, giving the same symptoms as stuck open loop.

Faulty zone valve? Drayton 2 ports can cause a bang if its buggard. Pull the arm across and let it go and see if it bangs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Worcester 30CDI banging when not in use!!!??? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone! My Worcester Greenstar 30CDi Combi boiler started making a rather loud juddering noise two nights ago. I bled all the radiators and releaaed air from the system. Repressurised the system afterwards with the water valve and the noise had stopped... until about the same the next day...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
J
We’re thinking of replacing our veritable Ideal Mexico Floor Standing Boiler (installed by me in 1985 and pretty much reliable ever since!) with a Worcester Bosch Greenstar 30CDi boiler. Question: How noisy is it? We’re OK with the noise from our old boiler but we’re worried about any...
Replies
Views
I have a Y-plan system with a Honeywell 4073 three port valve. The valve is several years old. There is a bypass gate valve across the HW cylinder coil. It is cracked slightly open as it always has been. The pump has always been on minimum speed and has not been changed. Since starting to use...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hi All, I'm looking into changing my conventional boiler (Worcester 30CDi conventional) to a Worcester Greenstar 8000 Style 30kW Combi. My house has 2 bathrooms/4 beds - showers (Aqualisa) in both bathrooms, but never likely to be on at the same time. Has anyone made the switch with these...
Replies
Views
About 12 days ago attended a boiler lock out. Apparently another plumber was there a week before to and adjusted the photo cell. .. It is a grant wall 16/21 about 10yrs old. The ones where there is no room to move ...! Doesn't look like serviced much. Opened up and heavily sooted. Bottom baffle...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock