Search the forum,

Discuss Worcester 28i Junior prv blowing after replacement in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Ranpan

Hi the boiler had been losing pressure for some time so we kept topping it up. We diagnosed that the prv had gone because it had been blowing and the expansion vessel had gone because it was letting water out instead of air. We replaced the prv and attached an external expansion vessel. We refilled the system, bled the radiators, got the pressure right on the boiler and everything was working fine with the heating on for about 4 hours. Then we turned the heating off and we lost pressure, over night the pressure went from just over 1bar to 0 and the prv had been blowing again. We're confused as to why it's still blowing, if anyone can shed some light on this it would be great, thanks :)

Last edited by a moderator:
You need a competent gsr to look at it rather than willy nilly replacing parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Worcester 28i Junior prv blowing after replacement in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have an unvented water heater which for some reason every year causes me issues. At the end of 2023 I noticed that the pressure valve gauge was going up when the water tank was switched on. My local plumber came and re-pressured the expansion vessel as it was flat, afterwards we tested...
Replies
Views
M
Hi, we have a back combi heater. Whenever the heating comes on it seems to lose pressure within a few hours and I have to refill each morning. The boiler seems to function well, and the pressure only drops with the heating and not the water being on. Ie it started last winter and was then...
Replies
Views
Hello All, I have an issue and hoping someone could shed some light on the problem. We have been getting a smell coming up in the bathroom, initially thought it was the toilet, but after smelling the bath tub plug hole it appears to be coming from here. I removed the P trap and very little...
Replies
Views
hello After an engineer serviced our intergas boiler, the pressure was going down continuously. He told us that the prv was faulty and quoted us £200 to have it replaced, so we asked around and the last engineer told us that the pressure vessel, PRv are both faulty and the filling loop is...
Replies
Views
Low hot water pressure Hi everyone, I'm hoping someone is able to shed some light on my situation before I have to call out the professionals. We've been in our house for over 3 years now, when we moved in the hot water pressure was pretty good (confirmed by a retired plumber family friend)...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock