Search the forum,

Discuss Worcester 28i junior- hot water but no central heating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you not unscrew the vent screw on the pump and carefully stick a screwdriver in the top of the armature and see how much resistance is needed to slow or stop the pump. Experience will tell you what is right and what is wrong.

well the old grey matter is hurting now,

LOL ... You've spent some money trying to get to the bottom of a problem that is either the pump, or system blockage IMHO! Without being present and listening, feeling, observing and questioning your about at the limits of my assistance Sammi to be honest :)

What's the water colour like? Are you in a hard water area?

yes in hard water area, and water colour fine :) and to be honest not spent gr8 deal our local plumb centre quite cheap considering had boiler for 8 years an only just decided have problem, did function very well prior,

yes in hard water area, and water colour fine :) and to be honest not spent gr8 deal our local plumb centre quite cheap considering had boiler for 8 years an only just decided have problem, did function very well prior,

TBH Sammi it makes a huge difference being present when diagnosing issues! From what you've said I'd be edging towards the pump. However I've found all-sorts of things that have restricted circulation in systems over the years! You can most likely get a replacement head for the pump which can save you a few bob if your wanting to try and fix this yourself? However it may not be the issue but will eliminate it from the equation yeh?

well me too as dont think we getting summer and i very nesh, thanks again

Hopefully helps you get to the bottom of your problem Sammi. I hope you get the issue sorted before the proper cold weather cuts in :)

Just had a thought. The pump vent screw is easily accessible on the juniors. Could you stick a small flat screwdriver bit in a cordless drill, push it into the top of the impeller and squeeze the trigger slightly ? Kind of like assisting the pump ? Obviously have to work out if the drill needs to be in reverse or not but could be worth a try.
Just an idea, have to be careful though.

Just had a thought. The pump vent screw is easily accessible on the juniors. Could you stick a small flat screwdriver bit in a cordless drill, push it into the top of the impeller and squeeze the trigger slightly ? Kind of like assisting the pump ? Obviously have to work out if the drill needs to be in reverse or not but could be worth a try.

Or better still get a gas safe engineer in and certainly don't stick a cordless drill in your pump!

That's ingenious Micky!!! Much faster than the wrist action :lol: Great input, if I may add :)

thanks for input will have a look 2moro once my grey matter has recharged

:lol: :lol: worst it'll do is fex up the screwdriver bit!!! :D

I can just imagine a few of my tighter customers resorting to this as opposed to having a new pump fitted! Picture it..... "be a dear and put the heating on Fred. Hang on honey, I'll just put the drill on charge for 'arf an hour !" :vanish:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Worcester 28i junior- hot water but no central heating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock