Search the forum,

Discuss Worcester, 24cdi Combi, drip from flue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have an old 24cdi which until recently has done well but 3 months ago a new Expansion Vessel was fitted. All was fine until a couple of weeks ago when I noticed the pressure was down to about 0.50. I topped it up to 1.25. Everything's working alright but today I spotted the external flue dripping very slowly for a minute when the boiler first started. I assume this is why the pressure is very slowly going down. It's down from 1.25 to 1.00 in 10 days. I'm no expert but am wondering if it's to do with the previous EV being fitted. Or maybe the PRV, although it rarely goes above 1.5 when both hot water and CH is being used. Any ideas welcome.

Would say it was water vapour from the cold weather we've had

Your loss of system pressure could be down to a leak, have you checked to see if the PRV warning pipe is dripping, just hang a small container on it and check it after a few hours.

Your loss of system pressure could be down to a leak, have you checked to see if the PRV warning pipe is dripping, just hang a small container on it and check it after a few hours.
Thank you for the advice. I was getting confused and thought the PRV pipe came out behind the flue!
I've seen a bendy pipe lower down which I presume is the PRV . Don't think it's been dripping but will take your advice.
I'm wondering if the small amount of drips from the flue is just vapour as someone has suggested. This is an old 24cdi RSF so I presume non-condensing. Is there ever a situation where water can come from this flue?
I'm still suspicious about the Expansion Vessel that was put in a short time ago as the previous one packed up and the pressure dropped to zero in that instance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Worcester, 24cdi Combi, drip from flue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello. Today I have installed a new radiator upstairs. A little bit bigger so I had to make new pipe work. Before that I flushed as much water from heating system as I could. Only one leg (3 legs downstairs) had valve which allowed me to flush water from radiators upstars, all of them. Only 3...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Worcester 34cdi boiler and it has started making a droning noise when it comes up to temperature or cycles. The sequence appears to be: -Fan speeds up (purging?) -Sparks, then lights (flame icon showing on display) -Fan slows down -Droning noise (like Jaws is coming, Daa-Daa...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone! My Worcester Greenstar 30CDi Combi boiler started making a rather loud juddering noise two nights ago. I bled all the radiators and releaaed air from the system. Repressurised the system afterwards with the water valve and the noise had stopped... until about the same the next day...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
My Grant combi oil boiler is giving me quite a headache at the moment. When I returned home last Friday I'd no heating or hot water. An engineer called the next day and diagnosed a faulty pressure switch. This was changed and everything seemed ok. However then the boiler began to lose pressure...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have just noticed a damp patch around where my boiler flue exits through to outside wall along with a rusty colour around the collar of the flue bend. I’ve checked the external wall & there’s no water coming in from outside but the flue terminal also has a rusty colour. My regular boiler...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock