Search the forum,

Discuss woodburner with only a Gravity system? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tom Good

I've been struggling to find a plumber who has experience of gravity systems so was hoping to pick your collective brains.....

I am having a Hunter Herald 14kw, with wrap-around boiler installed and intend to run room radiators on a pumped system as per the Hunter recommendations .

The room radiators and pipework will be installed next year, but in the meantime...

.....I have existing 28mm pipework to a 5kw heat leak radiator and to the hot water tank (originally used for a rayburn gravity fed system), but I would now like to connect it to the Herald instead.

I have just bought a copper f and e tank to complement this layout.

The system would be thermosyphoning with no pump, until I installed the room rads and pump next year.

Does this sound like a sensible set-up?

Any advice welcome!

Provided there is minimal horizontal run between stove and vertical gravity circulation pipes everything should be fine. Keep safety features in original pipework and metal float in F&E tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to woodburner with only a Gravity system? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock