Search the forum,

Discuss Wood pellet boiler advice website in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

woodpellet

Hi all
I'm new here, this is my first post.

And I'm starting off by asking for a bit of help!
I don't think I'm allowed to mention a website specifically? Anyhow! We are launching a website aimed at helping people who are considering installing a wood pellet boiler. The site is in its early stages at the moment and still needs a lot of love!

We plan to include:
  • A basic overview and explanation of wood pellet boilers
  • An idea of the principles of the installation
  • System pricing examples
  • Case studies and interviews from people who have lived with and have experience of wood pelletboilers
  • A review of the customer service and helpfulness of as many suppliers as possible, including do they employ pushy / questionable sales tactics, etc.
  • A listing of pellet suppliers and reviews from existing customers
  • A List of registered and recommended service engineers

I was wondering if anyone would be prepared to take a look at the site for me and criticize it? both good comments and bad! and also what you think may be missing.

Many Thanks in advance to anyone who may be able to help.

Ed

I wouldn't mind a peak, pm me the link and I will get back to you.

I presume your "advice" will all be positive - ie advising people to buy wood pellet boilers, rather than advising them that this might not be such a good idea.

Hi There
On the whole yes, positive but honest, obviously there are some life styles and some properties not suited to wood pellet boilers. Are you involved with biomass boilers?
Thanks for your message
Ed

Hi There
On the whole yes, positive but honest, obviously there are some life styles and some properties not suited to wood pellet boilers. Are you involved with biomass boilers?
Thanks for your message
Ed

No I'm not involved with biomass boilers, but I am rather suspicious about their recent promotion as an alleged "zero carbon" energy source, and I don't like my tax money being used to subsidise other peoples' central heating.

I hope not. The European Parliament has just voted down the price of carbon credits, so hopefully common sense will prevail.

I'm not into subsidies but don't you think they have got the ball rolling with renewable energy?

I'd be happy to have a look for you, PM me the link and I'll give you some feedback :)

We are involved with Biomass boilers, in all forms from very basic boiler stoves up to large Pellet / Chip / Gasification installations running district heating schemes...

In terms of RHI for domestic, I think it will be a good thing to drive awareness and acceptance from consumers, but in reality it would be better for the industry to have reasonably priced kit & fuel well advertised rather than relying on subsidies...
It makes me a bit nervous when it is the fact that a customer is getting ÂŁx from the government that makes them go for a certain system. What happens when they stop handing out incentives?

I'm also involved in these technologies quite a lot at the moment. PM me details, would be interesting to see.

Hi Ed (woodpellet), tried to PM you my feedback but apparently you inbox is full...
Can you clear out and I'll resend to you.

Cheers

Stu

Ill have a look as many people are doing it especially for the 20year contract

You going to post this link up sometime soon????

Think he's gone to ground.... It wouldn't let me PM him my feedback a while ago either.
To be honest there was quite a lot to change anyway in my opinion.

I would be very interested in taking a look, would you be able to PM me the website?

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Wood pellet boiler advice website in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, I have been searching the Web for a spare part for a Worcester 35 cdi ng boiler that is obsolete. I can't find one anywhere and its looking more and more likely I'm doomed . The part is the door extrusion seal 87161031280. I have sold my house STC and this has just happened , so...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hello! I have a few questions regarding a boiler in my father-in-laws place that I'm very worried about and would like advice. My father-in-law is a chronic "tinkerer" and will fiddle and mess with things that didn't need tinkering with. He's recently told us that in the past he has moved pipes...
Replies
Views
My name is Ed. I'm 28 and a trainee gas engineer from Norwich. I'm reaching out and looking for a mentor. I'm currently doing a MLP course. Before I take my exams and do my ACS I need to build up a portfolio of work off premises and in real peoples homes. I need to go out with an engineer where...
Replies
Views
Hi, Moved in to 1980s bungalow in the last year. Doing renovations and manging things myself (I'm a qualified sparky -- clueless about plumbing until recently!)... New bathroom with all new domestic plumbing going in. Cylinder position is changing and new cylinder going in. Need to switch from...
Replies
Views
Interested on thoughts on this (I've also posted on another forum but thought this might be a better place to ask); Long time lurker, have gleamed some great knowledge from this site, finally signed up as I cant find an exact answer to the below. I'm not a heating engineer, but an electrical...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock