Search the forum,

Discuss Wood burning stove link up.. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dowdy01

Hi folks, looking some advice for installing 12kw wood burner with back bolier! I am linking it into oil heating system. My background is mostly dhw solar and have been out Of the game for 2 Years now so any advice would be appreciated. Im coming Off stove in 28 and wanted to conect into flow & return of existing 22 heating pipes just beside the hot water tank. This will be pumped with flow rising and following upstairs floor space and return dropping down from upstairs floor into floor space of room that wood burner is in.

No No No No No.

If your going to link it do it properly and safely. Plenty of threads if you do a search.

An appropriate thought train for this is;

First check the existing system components meet the requirements for a solid fuel system, if not then upgrade.
Then choose one of the well tried methods of joining heat sources, clue it's more than a couple of T pieces and if not done correctly will result in an expensive to run and control system possibly with other consequences.

Lastly don't assume you'll get 12kw from the wood burner.

I am agree with SimonG... there are really plenty of threads. so, please research it on google first. Then, try.

Defo no no no. For it to be any use u need a buffer. I do believe that u can use an ACV SLME for gravity coil. But you need a HETAS and G3 qualification and a few clues as to what you are doing .......... Is it an oil combi aswell????

Hes probably just teed the two together by now. It was from March 13.

Theres a few ways you can do this. The last one i did was with a dunsley nuetrilizer as my central point. You get 2 types of nuetralisers depending on system layout. But you HAVE to take into account the system must work on gravity circulation incase of powercuts. Aswell as fibre glass f&e tank with a copper float. Its expensive with all the 28mm pipe but worth it once up n running.

Wow just noticed ancient

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Wood burning stove link up.. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Is it possible to install a wood burning stove with an air to water heat pump? I was speaking to a few plumbers who have said this is not possible as the air to water system is a pressurized system and the stove needs to be in a vented system.
Replies
Views
My central heating is run off a heat pump ( air to water ) quite expensive to run , So I’m plainning to fit a wood burning with a back boiler to connect to the heating system, So while the wood burning on during winter months it will stop the heat pump for working hard Or not all all . My...
Replies
Views
D
I'm looking for a heating engineers/old school plumber to put in a Combi boiler (possibly Intergas) replacing very old open vent system in parallel with a wood burning stove with a back boiler (ESSE Bakeheart) as back up and alternative. I know this relies on two radiator systems. Combi for...
Replies
Views
D
Hello everyone, I want to be able to set up a wood burning stove utilising a back boiler in a situation where I can’t incorporate an electric pump, ideally heating a water tank and if possible a radiator. I’ve read a lot of info on this but the views seem mixed. Some systems I understand...
Replies
Views
Hi Folks, I have a challenge with a Main Eco Elite 30 Combi which is short cycling on the CH. Water works fine. As soon as you have call for heat, the boiler fires up, modulates, but jumps very quickly (about 30 seconds or so from 40'ish all the way to 70, burner disengages putting it the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock