Search the forum,

Discuss Wobbly shower tap/thermostat in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I've had a new bathroom installed and all is well apart from very wobbly fittings. I've got a Victorian style shower, with an exposed temperature adjuster/water tap, there is a centimetre gap all around the bit that turns. I also have freestanding mixer tap, which moves a great deal more than I expect.
Is this normal? I'm worried if I don't sort it now I'll have problems in the future.
Could anyone tell me the correct terms, so I don't feel such a dope when I'm talking to the plumber (he's not a patient man).
Thank you!

Any chance of a few pics of the shower etc please?

Thanks for replying, hope these help.

IMG_20170906_200740154.jpg

IMG_20170906_200747020_HDR.jpg

That's great any chance of a few of the free standing tap ?

That gap is quite common but most are less than that so you don't notice them I would put it down to a cheap unit

Hi,

I've had a new bathroom installed and all is well apart from very wobbly fittings. I've got a Victorian style shower, with an exposed temperature adjuster/water tap, there is a centimetre gap all around the bit that turns. I also have freestanding mixer tap, which moves a great deal more than I expect.
Is this normal? I'm worried if I don't sort it now I'll have problems in the future.
Could anyone tell me the correct terms, so I don't feel such a dope when I'm talking to the plumber (he's not a patient man).
Thank you!
Some call the tap legs pillars or columns or stands. Can you take a picture of how they are secured to the floor also please.

That gap is quite common but most are less than that so you don't notice them I would put it down to a cheap unit

Really? They charged us a fortune! Is there anything that can be done do you think?

I can't get to get a photo of where the tap is fixed to the floor but it's just the actual tap that's wobbly, and the little cap comes loose. I suspect it's the same problem with quality.

If it's an expensive tap it will be branded if it's cheap it won't by the looks I can't see anything

And no sorry to say Unless the cover / shrouded part moves / screws in ?

IMG_20170906_203935281.jpg this is the tap The little caps keep coming loose and they just don't feel solid. Perhaps I'm expecting too much?

Oh well, at least I know. Is there anything I should look out for in terms of ongoing maintenance? Or am I being over cautious?

Thanks again for your help, it's really appreciated.

I would get the company back to installed them and ask them but I think it's down to cheap fittings

If you don't mind how much did the taps cost ?

I would get the company back to installed them and ask them but I think it's down to cheap fittings

If you don't mind how much did the taps cost ?
I've not got the breakdown of everything with me I'm afraid. Perhaps they compromised on these to stay within our budget. They are coming back, so at least I know what to say to them now.

They are indeed Hudson Reed they have a 20 year warranty on their products so not cheap import fittings i would contact their customer service department and voice your conserns . regards Kop

Screenshot_2017-09-07-06-54-12.png

Screenshot_2017-09-07-06-56-14.png

Sorry Davex I was wrong might be worth giving hidson reed a call

01282 446789

Sorry Harvest couldnt find a exact match bit early when i checked nearest i can find so maybe they are by a different manufacturer . cheers kop

Screenshot_2017-09-07-17-52-00.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Wobbly shower tap/thermostat in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Looking for any ideas to help. I've a Heatrae Sadia Hot Water tank, heated through Oil fired boiler (working fine). A week ago I reset the air gap as I was having dripping from the pressure relief valve. Since then I've lost a lot of pressure from the hot water feed to my shower. The rest of...
Replies
Views
Hello. My mixer shower (non-electric) recently started running luke warm. I know this can happen at this time of year over winter but I've been in the property over 10 years and it's never been this bad before. The combi boiler was checked and is ok. The hot water from taps is uneffected and...
Replies
Views
Hi, I hope to adjust the shower mixer tap temperature by adjusting the physical device regulator, that goes by several names/terms. I have experience of this with sink/basin mixer taps and that was straight forward. I have attached four images and seek assistance to identify what they are. Some...
Replies
Views
Hi All Just looking for some advice on which Exposed Thermostatic Mixer Shower (Bar Shower) would go well with the Shower Pump i'm getting installed. So the pump is the - SALAMANDER PUMPS CT FORCE 30 SU REGENERATIVE SINGLE SHOWER PUMP 3.0BAR from ScrewFix - seems like a decent one for the...
Replies
Views
S
Hi All - Apologies for what is probably a very sill question but I am trying to get a shower that attaches to my existing bath taps. I want one with an over head shower head and a hand held one but they all seem to come with thermostatic taps that involve drilling into the wall to plumb in. I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock