Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement

Discuss Wirquin Jollytronic no-touch flushing valve - Williams & Co. in the Product Reviews area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. Ray Stafford

Ray Stafford Guest

Thanks Irish for a constructively critical review. Just for info, the valve is available as a "flsuh only" option, without the filling valve.

Ray

2. SimonG

SimonG Trusted Plumber

Well the Wirquin is working.

No problems fitting the unit, nice spare flush valve and fittings kit.

I like the manual override for when the batteries give out, but getting into the battery compartment is fiddly.

I don't like that it's blue, sorry I don't care but swmbo doesn't like it.

As for the silicone ring, the jury is out. Time will tell as to keeping it clean.

Not a lot extra to say as it's still a novelty so haven't seen any of the youngest sons logs trying to climb back out.

Cheers Ray.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Masood

Masood Guest

Fitted mine today as - typically on a really gorgeous day - the fill valve in my loo decided to pack up.

The unit itself looks to be decent quality, and no different to fit than most flush valves. However, if a DIYer were to buy it, the instructions would not be too useful. The small and blurry photos don't give any useful clues as to how it should be fitted.

It's a nice touch to include a fill valve (also of good quality) and a close-coupled fitting kit.

The main annoyance for me from an installer's viewpoint was the screwholes for the battery compartment. Two of the screws need a really skinny #1 Phillips screwdriver to get at. Not something I have in my plumbing toolbox but I may be the exception here. Only a very minor niggle really.

Aesthetically, the blue sensor cover will not be to everyone's taste, and it clashes with my bathroom colour scheme. The silicone ring around the sensor is also a bit of a bizarre design choice - I'm sure a clear sensor could be set into a chromed plastic housing to look like standard fittings that people are used to.

All in all, it's a nice gadget which would appeal to those who like the little luxury touches. It would also be useful thing for people with limited mobility. If the design niggles could be taken care of, it might appeal to a bigger market.

Longevity and reliability, as always, remain to be seen. 10 year warranty on the valve but only 1 year on the sensor implies a lack of confidence on the part of the manufacturer, but I hope to be pleasantly surprised.

Many thanks to Wirquin and to Ray for the sample, I will definitely mention it to customers when I'm doing bathrooms but I don't see it becoming part of my van stock, mainly as I think it's a niche product at the moment.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Dotty

Dotty Guest

Many thanks to Wirquin, Ray and Williams for the most expensive freebie I've ever had in my life!

I made the ultimate mistake of showing the hands free system to Mrs Croppie while singing its praises. Then once I'd sold her the idea and got her very keen on it I discovered it didn't fit the loo I was planning to install it in. Nor the other one either.

So I had to buy a new close coupled pan and cistern with a 2" hole.

Because I was starting from scratch with it the install went easily. Liked the fact all the bits I could've possibly needed were there. To play fair I used Wirquin's fill valve too.

Once installed and once I remembered to fit the batteries all worked well. I had no problem with the colour of the sensor, in fact I love it! The fact I still haven't decorated the downstairs loo after being in this place for 9 years is probably a good thing as I can decorate to suit.

My one quibble, as with Simon and Mas, is the silicon rubber ring round the sensor. In my view it spoils the look and could be difficult to keep clean but, as it's a 'no touch' flush, that may be an academic worry.

So anyway, now I've stopped the mega sulk over buying a new loo to fit this in, It's a nice bit of kit.

Silicon ring and the instructions need revising though.

Thanks again Wirquins and Ray!

• Like Like x 4
  5. LPC

LPC Plumber GSR

I'm not really sure what these are for. Rather like the handsfree sanitary soap dispensers; you're going to wash your hands anyway, so why worry about touching something possibly unsanitary? Everybody flushes toilets a few times a day and we're not all keeling from dystenery.

6. tomplumb83

tomplumb83 Plumber

After a couple of years use, how are these valves?

7. Masood

Masood Guest

Still going strong Tom. Batteries ran out after 2-3 months use, being a forgetful sod I didn't charge them for a while. The manual override worked perfectly. New batts went in and have lasted pretty well...

• Like Like x 2

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Add To Basket Wirquin Jolly-Tronic Touch Free Flushing Valve

• Users found this page by searching for:

1. Add To Basket Wirquin Jolly-Tronic Touch Free Flushing Valve