Search the forum,

Discuss Williams New Publicity Officer (UNOFFICIAL) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

village idiot

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Following the success of Black Friday, we at Williams (Not to be confused with companies of a similar name, please) have decided to appoint a Publicity Officer -Unofficial at the moment- to look into how we can improve on our offerings on days like Black Friday etc.
In as much as Black Friday turned out to be a massive success, we at Williams had quite a lot of complaints from various 'customers' through Facebook, various Forums etc. Most of the ''accusations'' were that: THE DEALS WERE NOT GENUINE? Well, most of you can confirm that the deals were genuine. But as a 'Fair Trader/Merchant'. we have decided to look into how we can try and provide a better service to our customers.
After going through the site activities of the day, we have noticed that most customers got as far as the checkout then found out that the item(s) they were trying to purchase had sold out by the time payment was processed. There is not much we at Williams can do about that as those with quickest fingers will always get through. Some customers seem to be of the opinion that they should have been favoured as they are long term customers but we cannot descriminate against customers. Everyone gets equal oppotunity to make a purchase. To address this, we have decided that we will monitor the software after any such similar events and look out for those who went as far as the checkout and missed out on the deals, then try and offer them similar deals. This will only apply if they had selected the item and gotten to the checkout just before the deal sold out. That showed that they had the desire and wish to buy the item but were just not quick enough.
To conclude, it must be stressed that Williams (the company), should not in any way or shape be confused with companies of a similar name. And, this publicity officer is for the moment an unofficial post yet to be sanctioned by the board of directors.
Thanks for all your support (Williams Publicity Officer - Unoficial)/

What have I missed?

I think you are trying to confuse Williams (in this OP) with Williams & Co.:) Different companies I'm afraid, the post goes to lengths to point that out.

On another note, I missed out on 15mm bundles of copper pipes and 24KWLogic+ boilers even though I bought them and went to the tills and got informed they had gone? Gone where???

Afraid to say that you didn`t buy them until you paid and somebody paid quicker than you so they went to that person.

Which "We at Williams" are you referring to exactly and what do you sell exactly?

In the sombre words of a Mental Heath doctor......... Your off your rocker!

If you went to a shop and had a basket. They were 5 iPads for sale at ÂŁ50 and when you got to them someone got the last one. You haven't got it, or bought it. You were just not quick enough.

If you went to a shop and had a basket. They were 5 iPads for sale at ÂŁ50 and when you got to them someone got the last one. You haven't got it, or bought it. You were just not quick enough.

I would have picked one of the 5 iPads and put in my basket, so I would have been ok at the checkout

I think the point VI is that it's sounding a bit like sour grapes. Or that's how I read it.

Lot of people missed out, I would think, good luck to those that got a good deal and better luck next time.

I think the point VI is that it's sounding a bit like sour grapes. Or that's how I read it.

Lot of people missed out, I would think, good luck to those that got a good deal and better luck next time.

Not remotely disputting that Simon. But I find it strange that some say I shouldn't air my views when even a certain well respected Mr Stafford gets upset when folks on here are given ''freebies'' and told to leave a genuine feedback about the products but fail to do so? The topic is in the Arms, and I'm expressing how I feel. That some are upset about it is ok. But to request that the thread be closed, for what reason?

I missed out on a good few things. But I managed to get some others.
It is what it is. Everyone now knows your viewpoint. Just let it go, the dog with a bone act isn't doing you any favours

Not disputing that you have an opinion or the validity of the opinion, but not be better to speak to Ray direct?

Just my two penneth :)

Not remotely disputting that Simon. But I find it strange that some say I shouldn't air my views when even a certain well respected Mr Stafford gets upset when folks on here are given ''freebies'' and told to leave a genuine feedback about the products but fail to do so? The topic is in the Arms, and I'm expressing how I feel. That some are upset about it is ok. But to request that the thread be closed, for what reason?

Because it will end in tears, bad feeling, and arguments and it's Christmas. If anyone has any complaints please feel free to pm me.
Hugs and kisses!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Williams New Publicity Officer (UNOFFICIAL) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock