Search the forum,

Discuss Will this work? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Unregistered

My plumber has come up with this solution to an admittedly tad complex piping challenge. But I cannot see how the horizontal section will not result in waste accumulating there, on the main channel temporarily due to lack of maximum flush pressure; and on the inspection arm simply as it's a, horizontal, dead end. Also if bits of waste stuck on the horizontal section on the first flush are cleaned away on the second, won't they then just accumulate at the bottom of the stack, again due to lack of strong flow pressure?

ooo

Attachments

• 20150713_083606.jpg
    20150713_083606.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 202
Last edited by a moderator:
The smaller pipes are from the shower and sink, the 45 goes to a new toilet, not yet connected. The two other white pipes are from the new sink and shower, also not yet connected.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't understand the smaller waste pipes going up and over like that, same with the 4" coming out of the wall, going up at 45 deg. and then going into the vertical stack.

Also, why is he mixing use of grey and brown (above and below ground) drainage pipes?

Haha! I didn't realise the picture was rotated 90 degrees! No wonder I was confused! What a plonker I am...

The smaller pipes are from the shower and sink, the 45 goes to a new toilet, not yet connected. The two other white pipes are from the new sink and shower, also not yet connected.
Yes the multicoloured piping isn't too pleasing to the eye either.

LOL sorry, I'm not familiar with this site's uploading, editing system, hence the multiple posts.

Looks like a right Bodge up!! Strap band, no strap on bosses, siliconed joints & underground pipework!! Yikes!

:D you sure thats a plumber and not a builder?

and i wouldn't even bother testing it, rip out and start again

Last edited:
As above its all wrong!

Your not allowed to use below ground soil pipe above ground!

You need to use either push fit or solvent weld fittings! Not black silicon!

You have used incorrect fittings to join cast iron pipe to plastic and vice/versa!

You need to get someone in who knows what they are doing and be warned no Building Inspector will pass that work.

now please be honest with your answer op did a plumber really fit this? if yes how much has he quoted?

Rip it out & Start from the bottom up with 4" black plastic soil pipe!

OK, bottom up, so 4" black stack then what would you do? You've all torn the guy's work apart, which is easy to do, but nobody has said how they'd pipe it, apart from using black LOL. Tell me how you'd junction two wastes, two sinks, and two showers, from two walls 90 degrees angle to eachother and at the same height.

The pipes exiting left are from the existing bathroom, those to the back and right are from the new shower room.

Your not allowed to use below ground soil pipe above ground!

Please tell me there's a good reason why you're not 'allowed' to use pipes that would appear to differ only in colour. Is the government governing our choice of waste pipe colour now LOL Please tell me that isn't so.

You've all torn the guy's work apart, which is easy to do, but nobody has said how they'd pipe it,.

Yes they have.

Properly. I think you'll find the guys are inferring that the chap you've had in is a handyman. Not a tradesman.

Hope you haven't paid him too much.

Please tell me there's a good reason why you're not 'allowed' to use pipes that would appear to differ only in colour. Is the government governing our choice of waste pipe colour now LOL Please tell me that isn't so.

Don't be melodramatic.

It's because the underground stuff isn't designed for longterm exposure to uv light thereby making it cheaper.

As any fule kno.

Below ground soil pipe and fittings (brown) are made from a different type of plastic and degrade in sun light.

Nothing melodramatic about that mate, think you've got the wrong word. But thanks for the second, informative bit.

Any plumber is aware of the difference of below and above ground soil pipe, for the very reason ch4 gives above.

Just hold your hands up op and admit its biy.

Get in a professional, it will wor out cheaper.

Look up Red Adair's famous phrase.

own up who did the work and we might decide to help you sort this mess out

Yes, I checked out those when I intended doing it myself. Shouldn't there also be a minimum angle of descent for the waste pipe? A horizontal section, if unavoidable should be of X length maximum, for example.

Not sure what you mean by minimum angle of descent?
The fittings have a built in angle to them and if they are fitted properly that will be correct angle & fall. A 90degree 110mm bend is actually less. Same with centre of junction.
What a mess.

What an abortion.

Pull down that stack and cry, because it's ruined.

1. Dig down to salt glazed rest bend. Boss down to black plastic. Inspection point. Then vertical pipework.

I would not bring both bogs in at same level but I would be configuring them so that they had own connections. Old cast one as is and new one on acute branch with 45d to bring it vert and 90 out of wall.

Boss in sinks above

I would possibly go old skool and fit breathers!

I agree. It must be by far the biggest mess of a soil stack I have ever seen!
The guy that did that must be a moron and he ain't a plumber!
I suggest the OP gets his money back from the idiot that did that mess.
Even a diyer could do it much better and replace the entire stack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Will this work? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock