Search the forum,

Discuss Will this brazing torch be suitable for general potable water plumbing? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I salvaged a Bullfinch autotorch brazing kit from someone who wanted to get rid of it (Autotorch Brazing Sys : Autotorch brazing kit). It came with a 4 bar propane canister.

I was wondering if this could be used for domestic plumbing of copper pipes? E.g. as brazing torches provide higher temperatures, would it cause a problem with normal lead free solder used for potable water, or would I have to use brazing filler?

Yes and no

Not domestic as the flame is too big but commercially yes

A bit over kill bud you could use it but personally i would not on domestic pipework 42mm and above yes cheers kop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Will this brazing torch be suitable for general potable water plumbing? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi again. Another few obvious questions for those who know the answers I'm sure :) 1.) Is there a maximum pipe diameter where fittings can be soldered before it stops working? 2.) For brazing as opposed to soldering, what filler would you use to join copper to brass? Also what flux do you...
Replies
Views
Hello, Trust everyone is well and keeping safe. Apologies in advance for the lengthy post but I could really do with some advice as I'm mid renovations and noticed the kitchen tap ,upstairs bathroom basin and shower are suffering from low water pressure whilst the downstairs WC basin tap seems...
Replies
Views
Non plumber here, just a householder so please go easy on me! Our house was renovated several years ago and all plumbing replaced. It is a mixture of copper and hep20 - listed building so hep20 was better in some places to use existing holes in joists. The system was fully pressure tested after...
Replies
Views
Hi, some professional advice would be greatly appreciated, We are having an Unvented Cylinder installed into our 2 bedroom ground floor flat. I have had a few quotes and been given lots of differing advice, this always makes me wary, especially having suffered a history of poor quality work by...
Replies
Views
Imagine what life would be like without a modern plumbing system. How would you cope without running water or flushing toilets? Water is the most essential nutrient for life on earth; it forms the basis of a healthy diet and lifestyle. The world today with its large, high-density population...
Replies
Views
Dotty
D
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock