Search the forum,

Discuss Will plumbers mait seal a 32mm ABS pipe joint? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

robbie71

I have a leaky waste pipe from a sink,
When i looked at the pipes, 2 of the joints on an elbow were loose and came apart easily.
the pipe is black and dirty and a there seems to be a lot of play when inserted in the elbows.

i dont want to replace the pipes as there is a bend on one that I can't replicate.

is it possible to re-weld the joints in this condition?
if not , would "plumbers mait" seal the joints?

thanks

look beyond the attempted repair before you start what will you do if it dosen`t work cut it out and start again.. forget plumbers mate. If you can get the pipe and fittings apart clean
pipe and fittings with pipe cleaner before solvent welding with solvent pipe cement good luck:)regards turnpin

gonk of silicone for a bodge left overnight will work rough but works

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Will plumbers mait seal a 32mm ABS pipe joint? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Short version: I have about 4" of pipe sticking out of a concrete floor in a cupboard. It makes a 45-degree bend as it exists (bent, not with elbows), the last cm before the open end is pretty much straight, but as a result of the bend it is not perfectly round. I mean it is pretty much...
Replies
Views
Evening all. Not sure if this is the most appropriate place to post this in the forum, happy to move if not. I'm looking for a metallic 32mm matt black waste pipe, to match up with a matt back trap. The pipe that comes with the trap is 400mm, which isn't long enough for my installation. I'd...
Replies
Views
D
small hole in plastic waste pipe which is the better fix ? Hi there need some advice please, i have drilled a small hole in the plastic waste pipe which serves the sink & shower in the loft when doing some work in the toilet underneath on the ceiling i have cut away the plasterboard to reveal...
Replies
Views
S
I've attempted to replace the waste plug but couldn't get the nut undone but not the sink is leaking at the waste pipe connection. I've unscrewed the large white cover and where the pipe connects with the metal sink part it is leaking, I separate the 2 parts - would plumbers mate work or is that...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Bit of advice needed. Waste water pipe from bathroom sink came loose last night caused some water damage to ceiling below. My question is the brown pipe seems to have came loose, but seems to have just been pushed into thread above.There is nothing holding it in place, is this...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock