Search the forum,

Discuss Wide jaw adjustable recommendations in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

armyash

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Hi guys,

Can anyone recommend me a wide jaw adjustable please?

Big enough for pump valves etc. Nothing too bulky though.

Did have the extra wide adjustable on order from corgi direct, it didnt turn up last week they have since emailed to say they are waiting for it from the manufacturers as they had to make some adjustments because they were snapping. Think that will be getting cancelled!.

Many Thanks

Hi guys,

Did have the extra wide adjustable on order from corgi direct, it didnt turn up last week they have since emailed to say they are waiting for it from the manufacturers as they had to make some adjustments because they were snapping. Think that will be getting cancelled!.

Many Thanks

Twelve inch grips!

Got grips but can't always get good leverage. Got a couple of Bahcos, do they do an extra wide set?

So you mean the 22mm compressions or the big nuts? If you mean the big ones you need some big crescent pump pliers. The clues in the name.

Hammer and old chisel, hacksaw, angle grinder or pump pliers. Had a wide set from toolstation, but snapped them.

So you mean the 22mm compressions or the big nuts? If you mean the big ones you need some big crescent pump pliers. The clues in the name.

The adjustable I ordered off Corgi woud be big enough I was wondering if anyone could recommend something similar. Pump Pliers hey? How did that clue get past me?? :p

Used a pump as an example would be using them when i come across anything unusally large.

Bahco wide jaw do up to 28mm compression nuts, anything above that then use a monkey wrench

Hi guys,

Many Thanks

I did buy the pump spanner and it is a ok bit of kit but the problem is it puts pressure on only two faces of pump nut which actually clamps the nut tight on to pump as do grips.i found out by accident a few years ago when I could not fit in the space any grips or spanner s to remove a pump and had happened to have a small 10" set of chains on van which I had not used for years (from my pipe fitting days)but I could get them in to remove pump I only ever use them now as even the tightest pump nut is easily removed due to the fact it puts even pressure on all six side of pump nut so prevents nut clamping on pump.i have posted on here before Aboat using chains on pumps has any one else tried this way yet.

my old man inherited some 60" ones, never used them on his farm, I think he gave them away!! I just wanted to once walk into a custards house with them on my shoulder:)

Bahco = i have three Bahcos in my bag, long arm one short arm baby one and baby one with wide opening

A set of 250mm knipex grips (pump pliers) will do most for under ÂŁ20 (make sure it is the new design) like these
Knipex 88 01 250 Alligator Water Pump Grips Pliers 10954 / 75355 NS | eBay
VERY GOOD PRICE
or cobras
Knipex 87 01 250 Cobra Waterpump Pliers Grips 13277 | eBay
You will use these every day in fact they are the only tool that is constantly in my back pocket. I use them for just about everything.
If you think you need extra leverage get some 300's but your problem then is holding against yourself (only myson pumps have a hole for a rod)

Alternatively use a hammer and an old screwdriver to move the nut or a ÂŁ2 junior hacksaw to split it.
Just learn to pysh with what you have and you will never be stuck :smile:

Why not use on of these!

Smedley-Wrench-Cool-Tool-SmartVan.jpg

After using & losing Bahco adjustables for a few years, I'm now on Am-Tech ones, half the price & just as good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Wide jaw adjustable recommendations in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

IS IT POSSIBLE TO ADJUST THIS MIXER UNIT? WE HAVE TO HAVE IT TURNED ALMOST FULLY ANTI CLOCKWISE TO GET HOT WATEROUT. THE FRONT PLATE WITH MIRA ON IT PRISES OFF AND INSIDE THERE ARE SOME PLASTIC BITS AND A SMALL CROSS-HEAD SCREW IN THE MIDDLE. THANKS
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock