Search the forum,

Discuss Why have City & Guilds made it so hard? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Andrew Franks

Having worked in the office environment for 5 years and thought it was the time to start my own business, be my own boss and get satisfaction from resolving customers’ plumbing problems. Signed up NVQ 2 course 2 years back knowing that they have changed the course and scraped “Technical Certificate”. After spent 2 years and more than £3,000 doing the course I have been left in the dark. To get the NVQ 2 certification I must do on-site assessment and have “experienced plumber” as a mentor at the job. Obviously if I am already in the industry I will not be moaning about this but to get someone to take me on is just simply “impossible”. Does anyone have the same problem as me? City & Guilds have given 5 years to finish this but it looks like I’ll be getting nowhere with this. Surely there must be a simpler way to get this done? Can anyone advise?

Nope it's to make sure u can do the job. How ever one of our lads doing c&g went from 13% to 45% practical assessment in ine week. Just get curriculum and make jobs fit it. He's doing domestic & ch then l3 renewables as he's already done ACS.

If you are struggling with finding a work placement on your own, there are some training providers out there that offer work placements for a price. You just got to give them all a call and find out which ones can help.

If you are struggling with finding a work placement on your own, there are some training providers out there that offer work placements for a price. You just got to give them all a call and find out which ones can help.

Get lost . Don't pay for it . No point. . Just like assholes who do ACS portfolio for ( with ) you. Absolutely pointless. Where are you? U can be my slave for a cup if tea and a Snickers. Don't do bathrooms or kitchens tho.

Cheers for the comments gents. Just can't get over the fact that I could waste the money and time for this though....

You can do the nvq based on your self as long as you have the work.You can even do it on your house the college told us.We was the last year of students that did the city and guilds technical certificate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Why have City & Guilds made it so hard? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello I’m looking for work as a trainee/mate. I live in Lancashire and attended college in Leeds so don’t mind travelling anywhere in the north west. I’m looking to complete my NVQ portfolio the jobs I require On site observation with the college assessor: Health & Safety x2 Installation of...
Replies
Views
Hi all, hope this is ok to post here but I’m really struggling to get any responses from anyone. I am a 36 year old from just outside of Maidstone who has recently decided to retrain with the hope of eventually starting a career in the domestic plumbing and heating industry (looking to get...
Replies
Views
Evening all, I am considering retraining and like a few on here I am in my 30s and currently working full time, four days a week. I read a bit about NVQ qualifications but was unclear on the best route to take. My local college runs a City & Guilds Level 2 Diploma in Plumbing Studies two...
Replies
Views
Hello Plumbers/Gas Engineers, Excuse if this question has been raised but i am in a slight dilemma and for the past 2 weeks the internet has not really solved this, so I feel i need some real advice from real tradesmen. I am 21 and stuck behind a desk not progressing into a career, I have...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Thanks for accepting me. I'm hoping some of you might be able to help? I'm 36 years old, last year I completed my level 2 City and guilds. I've been working the odd day here the odd week there, for a gas engineer and have picked up lots of valuable insights. I'm struggling to find...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock