Search the forum,

Discuss Why go on the course in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

stani

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
My boss went out to an oil boiler today, fire valve closing, he rang me to say collect a 65o valve the one on site is faulty, I asked what the problem was, it's faulty is the
answer.
I wonder why I bothered paying for my oil quals when I just needed a mouth and no idea, to go and sort problems out.
i will fit the valve exactly where it was to the mm, he never even looked in the boiler to see what the bulb was touching, or wether or not the boiler was overheating, just it's got to be faulty,
I would have asked if he thought it was doing exactly what it was supposed to, but I couldn't even be bothered listening after he said he'd been out to save me time.......

I'm the only gas/oil so if/when I go he loses GSR, I can retire next year so will just do as he says, then put it right after. I always tell people he's no idea.

Oh well if your lucky enough to be able to retire next year then sit it out.

Your boss sounds like a right tool,

I used to follow a few people around like that, 1 being a boss, I was embarrassed the amount of times I had to take parts back to the suppliers most of the time unopened. The 1 lad in the end I got that fed up I was fitting the parts he ordered so my boss would get fed up with it as much as I did and I was the one that got called into the office! Haha

Sounds like a great boss, but im sure there is better, haha :'D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Why go on the course in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Have a problem with an oil fired AGA conversion Has been no problem for 5 years, now goes out 12 to 36 hours after lighting, have checked fire valve, and have installed seperate line from tank to feed AGA went for 3 weeks one time, then went out due high winds. Has now started same pattern Help...
Replies
Views
G
I have a danesmore 20/25 oil boiler and it is firing up but it’s producing no heat to the water or the radiators My next door neighbour an electrician has checked the cylinder and thermostat and they all check out ok so he thinks the problem is within the boiler Can Someone help give me some...
Replies
Views
I must be cursed The new boiler that was fitted yesterday had a problem on commissioning, when the central heating was turned on the boiler fired but the pipework was only getting hot up to a certain point, it took the plumber a couple of hours to figure out what was happening, the problem was...
Replies
Views
Recently I needed to re-route very old and dodgy oil pipe from tank to boiler. I dug trench and laid a duct and the engineer used green plastic (Pipelife Qual-Oil?) oil line to do the job. Had cause to have boiler manufacturer out to look at something yesterday and he remarked that this Qual oil...
Replies
Views
I'm looking for some advice on a frustrating problem I'm having with my old Eurostar 50-60s oil boiler please? Although it's old, most parts needed to operate it are now new. The symptoms indicated a broken/seized burner motor or oil pump. I wrongly assumed the motor so I ordered a new one only...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock