Search the forum,

Discuss Why Are Long Radius Bends less than 90 Degrees? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jonjack

Hi

I am replacing an old soil stack and some underground drainage coming of it with upvc and have hit a bit of a snag and need a pro to explain my school boy error!

I have bought a long radius bend (eg. Double Socket Drain Bend 87.5Deg - Underground Drainage - Guttering & Drainage -Building Materials - Wickes) for the base of the vertical stack but because its 82.5 degrees it means I cant get it to fall away to connect up with the nearby existing salt-glazed which I reckon has about a 1:30 fall away. A 87.5 degree bend that connects to the vertical on one axis will then mean that the 'horizontal' bit coming off is going slightly upwards right?

Can you get a 92 degrees bend or something which would seem more logical in order to get a slight fall coming out of it? I cant find any such product at Wickes or Screwfix.

pipe.angles.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The 87.5 degrees is taken from the other side, i.e. 180 - 87.5 = 92.5

Hey mate, you just sold me a pipe shaped like a boomerang.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Why Are Long Radius Bends less than 90 Degrees? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all. I have not done any drainage as of yet but will be next week. I am taking out a macerator and instead installing a soil stack and underground drainage to an existing man hole. Q1) can I use a short radius (rest) bend at the foot of a stack? When looking online it does say that this is...
Replies
Views
Hello I’m new to this site but hoping someone can throw some light on a difficult problem on kitchen drainage. This is in my father-in-law’s 4th floor flat in Paris, in a modern block (1990’s) The roots of the problem are multiple. Really poor installation with an almost horizontal run of...
Replies
Views
Hi all, After some advice on a drainage job I am starting tomorrow. Done an inspection of the existing drains today and at the mini inspection chamber (300mm) at the head of the drain the top of the underground PVC pipe is 0.2m or so below the surface. We are replacing the old mini inspection...
Replies
Views
Hi chaps I've got myself involved in a job that I need some advice on from my learned forum members. A local school is having a timber framed classroom built in its grounds and I have been tasked plumbing it in. Here in lies the challenge - there is another out side portacabin type class...
Replies
Views
B
I have have a job that involves installing a toilet in a hallway cupboard, looked at installing with new waste to the stack which is 6m away but 1) not enough fall 2) needs 3 bends 3) cant get a new branch t installed low enough. So will have to go down the route of a saniflow. The question is...
Replies
Views
booster
B
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock