Search the forum,

Discuss whole year failed level 3 exam!?! (tech cert) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

drips'n'shiz

WTF just found out that last years group all failed the exam, so my college has a 0% pass rate! From what i hear a lot of the questions in the exam were not in the revision books followed by the course. Surely all the questions would be in the Viper or Corgi?. I just dont understand how no one passed, id chatted to a couple of the lads and they seemed pretty clued up. Is this happening in other colleges?

If a hole class failed then it has to be on the head of the teacher he should know what he needs to teach on an exam!!!!

did you guys spend a few hours at home reading your text books or just do the work in class, if the latter thats where the problem lays, if the former, prehaps you sat the wrong papers, can happen but unlikely.

Same here, everyone I've kept in contact with from my Final mod from BTSC has failed it too?!? Some questions we've never covered...

something defo wrong then, not your fault you ant been taught it. get it looked into.

i studied at btsc also, i agree that the exam is a tough one and a lot of people did fail it!
but come on guys do you really expect to be spoon fed all the answers before hand? i can't comment about other institutions but btsc definately describe their course as 'self study' the name says it all really.

KJ

Belive me I studied one helluva lot. But when some of the questions do not relate to the course or anything you have been taught, studied or in fact aren't in any of your study books it can be quiet annoying.

I found that on the questions we had for out level 2...there where some questions that looked as if they where just thrown in for a laugh..nothing at all in the text books and nothing on the sylabus...just obliquely connected to the subject...

people pass fuzzy - by knowing their stuff and revising like a madman! the inclusion of silly, seemingly unrelated questions is a ploy to prevent anyone scoring too highly and thus leaving c&g open to accusations of cheapening the qual.

however

if you study everything you need to, it is quite possible to achieve more than the pass rate as the marks for the daft q's are only worth 7-10 percent at most.also they only seem daft if you don't know the answers

KJ

as a matter of fact i have the q's to the exam i sat. (i have a near photographic memory) and as soon as i left the exam i sat in the car and wrote them all down. i can't remember the exact wording for all the questions but i can accurately depict what knowledge each question was trying to get from the students.

KJ

not in my opinion no.
the training provider teaches the syllabus as required by the awarding body, in this case c&g.
the awarding body then issues the exam based on the teachings that were given to the students. the exam often includes misleading questions and questions that seem downright crazy but it just seperates the wheat from the chaff because as said above anyone who studies their stuff and more importantly fully understands it and can demonstrate that knowledge will ultimately be able to pass the exam regardless.

KJ

people pass fuzzy - by knowing their stuff and revising like a madman! the inclusion of silly, seemingly unrelated questions is a ploy to prevent anyone scoring too highly and thus leaving c&g open to accusations of cheapening the qual.

KJ

I fooled them then I scored 100% in the final Gola :)

i don't think its the multiple choice exams thats being discussed here as they are straightforward and lets face it not very taxing.
many fellow trainees struggled with the 3hr written which needs to be done before the multiple choice/guess gola exam and it was my understanding that this is what people have been failing with alarming regularity.

KJ

Like I said I revised loads - never said I failed becuase of these unrelated questions I failed cuase I made stupid mistakes so wasnt trying to shift blame just making a point about how it was annoying when youve been revising so hard for them then to throw questions in that arent in the revisions books. It could be intimidating if youre a nervous type (which thankfully Im not) when you get something like that it could throw you into a panic! Cant see a whole classroom being a panacy type to be honest.

hello everyone, sorry i have been busy with drips n shiz! i have not failed it was last years lot that did, my final gola is nxt June, i must say im dreading it from what ive been hearing, im revising loads and wondering if i should shell out another ÂŁ60-90 on the learnatrade book?! expensive business this lark!

the gola is multi choice and its pretty hard to fail it to be honest. save your money.
jtl books are the best for revision

no its the written 3 hr exam, you can take a viper in apparantley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to whole year failed level 3 exam!?! (tech cert) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

L
Hi My names Liam, 18 years old, Level 3 Student; This may Seem like a silly post, But any advice on me having a greater chance of passing my exam would be greatly appreciated. i mean revising i know but what pages say exactly would be good to read in WRAS book would help me the most and may...
Replies
Views
kay-jay
K
X
Hi there, I'm new to this plumbing forum and I need some help! Some advice or suggestions would be great! Basically, I don't have gcse's because when I was in year 9, my family decided to immigrate to another country for life, things were going good and so was my dads business. After 1 year and...
Replies
Views
shezzaar
S
K
Just wanted to say hi as I'm new to the group. I'm in my 2nd year at college doing Tech Cert 6129 and also hoping to do NVQ Level 2. Passed my first 3 exams so going good so far! Look forward to chatting with you all and racking your brains when I get stuck. Karen
Replies
Views
A
Thought id start a post on how people have got into this game, where they started and how the more experienced lads/ladies have learnt to be good gas engineers, im sure this will be an insight into other people getting into or already in the trade and still learning. Ile start the post off with...
Replies
Views
Dotty
D
I
hello there iv got some 2330 level 3 exam questions complete with answers all questions are what you can expect on year 2330 level 3 online multi choice exam, theres around 200 questions been put together by examiners, i aquired the papers when i was doing my electrical training this time last...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock