Search the forum,

Discuss Whistling in pipes? Pressure? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

manling

Afternoon all,
For the last few days we have had whistling in our water pipes- this is particularly loud in the airing cupboard in my sons room.
The only way to stop it is to run a tap- anywhere in the house. It's quiet for about an hour then starts up again, it's not always a constant noise sometimes it dips in and out but will not fully go away until the tap is run.
I've turned everything off- boiler, immersion, made no difference, I've checked the toilets (someone suggested it was down to the ball cocks?) no difference. It's just not going away.
I have no idea what the pressure is or how to adjust it, but that's what I suspect may be the issue? It sounds like a whistling kettle!
I've bled the radiators but that hasn't made a difference either.
Please any tips are welcome, I'm at my wits end now. I'm having to leave the tap running all night so we can sleep which is ridiculous. (Please keep in mind I'm not a plumber and will need lay mans terms!

NB- there is no banging, or any other sound, just the whistling an hour or so after I've turned off the tap!!

Thanks in advance :)

Welcome to the forum, whilst you register as guest you will receive limited replies so suggest you complete that part then whilst waiting for someone to come along why not put "Whistling sound" in the little White search box above Advanced search in top right hand corner and have a browse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Whistling in pipes? Pressure? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock