1. Hi, welcome to the new look UKPlumbersForums.co.uk - Login with your usual login details, or sign up if you don't already have an account. If you post just once, all the advertisements get automatically removed. We have some competitions coming soon, and lots of new feaures. 

Dismiss Notice

Couple of important things to note. 1. We use Cookies, deal with it. Every website does. 2. Nobody but a currently-registered Gas Engineer should be touching gas or gas appliances. Don't mess with gas at all. 

Discuss Whining from a new Vailant Boiler in the Central Heating Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. Constructor57

Constructor57 New Member

First a Hello from a new member.
    I wondered if any of you experienced heating engineers have heard an intermittent whining noise coming from a new Vaillant ecotec plus 637 system boiler?

Fitted (complete new system) June '16, S.Plan -two CH zones and one HW (unistor 210), external by-pass & TF1 fitted, flushed and commissioned as per tech. Has run like a dream until November '16 when, once a day at aprox 1.30pm there is for couple of minutes a whining noise from the boiler. Since then the system has be re-flushed and the by-pass adjusted, but the noise persists.
    Vaillant haven't answered my emails, so I thought I'd ask some real people, any pointers would be much appreciated.
    I have a video from the clients phone, but I can't seem to attach the file.

Cheers
    R.

2. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

When does the noise happen when the boiler is on when it's fired etc ?

3. Last Plumber

Last Plumber Plumber GSR

Is this a noise like a trombone ?

4. Constructor57

Constructor57 New Member

Hi again, noise happens when boiler is running/fired then sound goes away as boiler shuts down. No nothing like a trombone, sounds quite high pitched. We thought there maybe a restriction but we have re flushed with care to no avail. The client is middle eastern and likes it blooming hot, so the system is peddle to the metal nearly all the time, shouldn't make a difference though.
    R.

5. ShaunCorbs

How old is the boiler ?

6. Constructor57

Constructor57 New Member

Boiler was new in June '16
    R.

7. ShaunCorbs

Get villant out should be under warrenty

8. Last Plumber

Last Plumber Plumber GSR

Under Warranty then ?

Get Vaillant eng out

My advice, make sure you are there for the argument !

Whenever I send MF Engineers to customer, I always ask customer to ring me at the first sign of a fob off, If I'm close enough I will go and meet the Engineer if not I will speak to them on the phone.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
  9. Constructor57

Constructor57 New Member

Okay will do, just thought it might be something simple or something we have overlooked.
    Many thanks for taking the time to reply.
    R.

10. scott_d

scott_d Plumber GSR

Can you get the installer to look at it and ring vaillant
    If not you may be charged

11. ShaunCorbs

He's the installer

12. Last Plumber

Last Plumber Plumber GSR

Has it been commissioned properly ?

Just asking !

• Like Like x 1
  13. Farrukh Ahmad

Farrukh Ahmad New Member

I had a problem like this on a new Vaillant install. I don't know if you are having the same noise as i did.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2017
  14. ShaunCorbs

• Like Like x 1
  15. Dotty

Dotty Guest

16. AlexGas

AlexGas Plumber GSR

17. Constructor57

Constructor57 New Member

Yes, commissioning procedure followed, Fernox F3 cleaner used, Fernox F1 added, paperwork filled in, all registered with Vaillant.
    R.

18. king of pipes

king of pipes Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Is there a print off of the fuel gas analyser results if there is what is the co 2 reading gas valve may need adjusting grs engineer needed .

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 15, 2017