Discuss Which side for a bleed valve. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
This might seem a daft question but there is some logic in it.

I always put the bleed vavle on the right hand side (with the exception of those which are inaccessble) so when filling up a system, everyone knows which side of the rad to go to. On big systems, on a Friday night when filling, you do not want to waste time on every rad guessing which side the bleed valve is on.

On a modern pressurized system it does not really matter as the pressure in the system has much more influence through compacting the air bubble than the flow ever could have.
(Provided you don't use a Magna Pro on your 5 rad system to overcome your 50+m of DN6)

Gone are the times when you hang a radiator for your gravity system with a slope to ease bleading.

So pick the side that is easier to you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just an update. Damn and blast. The room this radiator is in we have a log burner so I haven't even filled this rad until today. And somewhere along the way I have miscalculated and the feed is the wrong side ie below the bleed valve not above it. So I rang technical support and enquired why they specify the instructions they do. It has internal baffles to direct the water around so connected the wrong way it may have cool spots and will not achieve its rated output. Having said that it is getting scalding hot with no obvious cold spots so I'll leave it for now and turn it around perhaps when the weather warms up again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Which side for a bleed valve. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock