Search the forum,

Discuss Which shower can I have with an old Baxi bbu in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
I am a newbie......just bought an older house looking to fix it up. Just didn't realise how bad things would be.
Can I please ask I have an old baxi bbu......and the shower I have fitted it just terrible.....it just sorts of splutters, there is no real water pressure and it is hit and miss if it actually works at all. I have had a couple of people out and they all say it needs ripping out and a combi putting in. And of course I realise that. But because everyone is so busy and can't fit me in and money is tight because I need a full electric rewrite in the house. So can't I replace the shower with a power shower or electric one. I just think the plumbers see the bbu and are just not interested in helping me.

other than using a pump your stuck, if your going down the re wire route get an electric one fitted

Your shower is nowt to do with the Boiler.

Apart from the temp of hot water.

You need a good experienced (probably older), heating engineer / Plumber to give sound advice.

In my opinion, I’d ignore the “rip it out and fit a combi” brigade. It’s the easiest option for them but not necessarily right for you.

Is your shower directly below the tanks in loft. Head being like 0.5m? Thats your problem... Either raise the tank in attic as high as possible. Put a bigger tank in for better pressure. (Alot of work) or fit a booster pump...which can be noisey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Which shower can I have with an old Baxi bbu in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hoping someone can please help. I have an intermittent fault with my electric hot water. I have an older style electric hot water service that heats on controlled load over night. The large tank is in roof space of 60s built villa unit. Every few mornings, no hot water will come out of...
Replies
Views
Size of bathroom 230cm x 210cm Height 230cm Birmingham Area Initial problem Burst pipe underground in bathroom, concrete. Have had this dug up & made safe for now, have had affected pipe cut & put end caps on. Work required Full bathroom remove old tiles walls and floor. Renew tiling. New...
Replies
Views
I've got an issue with the shower tray not being totally flat. As you can see from the photos, it is about 7mm out at one side. It's leaning towards the waste end though. The shower tray is pushed underneath the tiles. My mate did the tiling and I now realise that we should have put the shower...
Replies
Views
We have a gravity fed hot water system in our the house we have just recently moved into. It works fine with the downstairs shower, however we are about to upgrade the upstairs bathroom and are considering installing a shower bath. My concern is that although there is more than sufficient...
Replies
Views
Hi all I really need some help or advise….. Back story….. Some years ago my dad had an extension to his house which included a newly built downstairs shower room. Recently he had this downstairs shower room re-fitted/decorated. Quite a simple set up consisting of a sink, toilet and shower...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock