Search the forum,

Discuss Which portable pump to buy? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

dan_the_plumber

Gas Engineer
Hello all.
I'm aheating engineer and as such need to drain cylinders and cisterns on a fairly regular basis.
As most of you will know it can be a nightmare, especially when drain-offs are knackered, if they were ever fitted at all. Ground floor cylinders and back boilers can also be troublesome.
So I figured I'd buy myself a portable pump. One pipe in the cistern/cylinder even down the old gravity pipes to the boiler, then a dump pipe out the front door.
I figure a pump like this (connected to a fill cistern) could also be used to fill under floor heating to circulate water until all the air is out. Hell you could even add glycol
to your fill cistern and fill ground source heat pump collector loops.
I just wondered does anyone on here have experience of using pumps in this way? What would've best pump to buy?
Also since I'd be pump black heating water through it how will it cope with magnetite?
Thanks v much for all replies. Dan :)

i normally either remove the immersion or get a 4" hole saw if the cylinder isnt being used again and stick a cheap 12v submersible pump and hose pipe as an outlet

I've got a wet vac. But for a whole cylinder? :)
Get a hose in the top of the cylinder get other end in the bath. Wet vac the bath end jobs a good'un.
What I have done b4 is to extend the hose on the hoover with some 1 1/4 rubber hose. Leave hoover in Bath. Trap float down in hoover leave lid off slightly and get sucking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Which portable pump to buy? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock