Search the forum,

Discuss Which magnetic filter for a Worcester Bosch Greenstar 40cdi conventional boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wondered what magnetic filter would be the best for this boiler a couple of years ago. No new pipe work fitted and only a couple of new radiators fitted. The system had inhibitor put in it when it was installed - how often do we need to put this in?
also where would you recommend we buy this filter, I.e. eBay, a plumbers merchant? Thanks.

adey pro 2 and any really or you could get a local heating eng to fit on when he comes to service the boiler

Thanks for replying. Is the one that Worcester Bosch do themselves any good or do they just use one from another company and charge more!!!!!!
I've been reading the forum since posting and the Fernox Compact tfs1 sound ok too. Decisions, decisions :willy_nilly:

They're alright. I believe if you get the install done by a Worcester accredited installer then you increase the warranty as this is an after event it's not an issue. Are you saying "a couple of years ago" because your installer didn't fit one? Sounds like your boilers not been serviced since install either. Naughty :smile:

Thanks for replying. Is the one that Worcester Bosch do themselves any good or do they just use one from another company and charge more!!!!!!
I've been reading the forum since posting and the Fernox Compact tfs1 sound ok too. Decisions, decisions :willy_nilly:

The Worcester filters are made by adey so in one way there the same and designed the same I would go with the pro 2 if it was me

No the installer didn't fit one but we thought they should have, that was in Sept 2014. It was serviced last year as the warranty from Worcester requires it to be done every year. Have asked on this forum if there is any gas engineers in my area. Worcester want £126 plus VAT for a service. Are you saying if they (Worcester) fit the filter they will increase the warranty - have got 5 years already from them.

No the installer didn't fit one but we thought they should have, that was in Sept 2014. It was serviced last year as the warranty from Worcester requires it to be done every year. Have asked on this forum if there is any gas engineers in my area. Worcester want £126 plus VAT for a service. Are you saying if they (Worcester) fit the filter they will increase the warranty - have got 5 years already from them.

No wouldn't increase the warrenty as its not from new / installation

I don't want to tempt fate or be negative but you might find your warranty is void as there was no filter fitted at the start. I can't speak with a massive authority on Worcester but I know a lot of other brands require one as part of their warranty agreement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Which magnetic filter for a Worcester Bosch Greenstar 40cdi conventional boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock