Search the forum,

Discuss which jigsaw in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jennie

Gas Engineer
Hi all,

I'm looking to buy a jigsaw.

I'm a student plumber, so ultimately will be using it to cut bathroom cabinets to shape. However, in the meantime, I'm planning to use it to make some outdoor furniture, so would be using it to cut up to about 1/2 inch thick wood.

I've heard 'pendulum action' jigsaws are good.

Any tips would be much appreciated.

Thanks, Jennie.

Budget is up to about £50 (though if I'm better served with a more expensive one I could save up for it.)

I'm happy to use a corded one.

BTW, I don't expect it to cut perfectly straight lines. Just to be reasonably powerful and long lasting.

A ryobi will suit you well. It's the blades that make the difference anyway.

ryboi not a bad starting point and yes defo get a corded one

i heard that big ben and the london eye is a good one 1500 pieces.......

oh, one of those.lol

try the wickes ones there on sale at £44 at the mo. then in a few years upgrade it!.
dont mess with cordless as the battery dont last long just when you need to finish off.

i have (had untill f-in-law knicked it) a 25 year old elu/dewalt 240v

secret is, get some good bosch blades for it.

dont mess with cordless as the battery dont last long just when you need to finish off.

Whatever do you mean:smart:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to which jigsaw in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

hi all i hope you are all well i'm planning to install my shower mixer on Saturday. today i was doing a dry fit and i wanted to show you some photos and questions. i'm using fast fixing brackets. i was wondering what length do i cut the pipe to? also my shower bar mixer has these cone shaped...
Replies
Views
Hi, I need some help on this shower drain installation. I’m about to install a corner shower kit in my basement bathroom. But I just found out the shower drain is actually extruded from the bottom of the shower base and I have concrete floor with the drain pipe rough in. I have the drain pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi, Non-professional / knowledgeable person here. I'm a Brit in Romania who volunteers for a charity building an old peoples home for needy old people. Out here competence and integrity is harder to come by in a worker, in fact it's hard to find workers at all where we are in the countryside...
Replies
Views
We have an all Vaillant setup - an EcoTEC Plus 637 system boiler plus wired VR720 and VR92 SensoCOMFORT controller, driving two CH zones plus DHW. It all works, but unfortunately we have found that the room stats are poorly located, and so the level of control is not what it should be. We had...
Replies
Views
I have two toilet water valves to install. I'm new to this but have watched enough videos to think I can do it. Both water valves are standard turn off sweat valves that have been soldered on. One has at least two inches of exposed copper pipe extending beyond the wall flange and the other has...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock