Search the forum,

Discuss Which FGA is most reccommended in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

HTB

Hi Guys,

Just started CCN today working through to ACS obviously, already wondering which FGA to buy. I fancy getting one of the all singing all dancing top of the range ones that does everything but is that a waste of money?

Could I please ask you established guys which is your instrument of choice.

I used to have a Telegan Sprint and it worked fine. Got rid of it because the serviceing price became rediculous. If not serviced on time the O2 sensor would pack up etc etc. Bought a Kane 425 for not much more than the Sprint sevice came with free second year service and 2 year guarantee on sensors. Easy to use and reliable, recommended.
Steve

Thanks Steve, Kane 450 is now looking attractive folowing your advice.

Stick to a basic FGA without manometer etc. A good low specific gravity manometer (regin make one) will never need calibrating and Your inpector will not be asking for the calibration cert. As long as your FGA measures co/co2 ratios its all you need. Look for a FGA that has a long life Sensor. My old kane needs new sensors every year!!!

Has to be said the Kane 425 (kit) is looking like good value for money. Many thanks Fatoftheland.

Maybe the old Kanes had a problem. The 02 cell on the new model is guaranteed for 2 years and I got the 1st service/calibration free.
The advice given above about basic models makes sense
Steve

Sprint is my fave, magnetic boot on it is a god send when climbing on kitchen units to get to test point, but I do find that if you work on a condenser or two on the trot then the filters need changing, if you don't and use a damp filter it kills the battery and over time the pump also. On flip side if you dont use filter O2 sensor quickly knackers, but other than those two obvious points I like them, I don't bother using it for pressures I use u-gauge instead, except for LPG saves buying extra u-gauge for that once in a blue moon job. As far as attatchments dont wouldn't bother with printer, but get a clamp temp sensor and a probe type useful for temp readings in inaccessable places. hope this helps

Many thanks for input guys, I'm passing the info on to other guys on course, one thing about credit crunch is that there seem to be some bargains out there for this sort of expensive gear.

if you are going to do commercial you will need NOX
By the by how much is a service on your model?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Which FGA is most reccommended in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock