Search the forum,

Discuss Which cordless drill / driver? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MattWeth

Doing a toilet and basin swap today and my Dewalt drill driver died (stripped its gearbox) - luckily towards the end of the job so my backup corded came out for the last couple of hours. So I need to spend a good chunk of today's profit on a new drill :(

Anyone recommend any decent drill / drivers for up to £100 or so?

thanks

Hundred quid? Forget it! Milwaukee all the way

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Got mine about three years ago on a deal 99 + vat with a 12v driver thrown in.

Anyone recommend any decent drill / drivers for up to £100 or so?

thanks

There are no decent drills for £100 unless it is a Friday night pub special

You could buy 5 of these
Direct Power DPD144DDH 14.4V 1.5Ah Ni-Cd Cordless Drill Driver | NoLinkingToThis

or if you save up another ton, one of these
Toolstation > Power Tools > 18v Drills > Milwaukee C18PD32 Combi Drill

If all you can afford is £100 shop around. Usually someone is selling a low ah end of range gun at discounted prices. Higher amp/hr batteries = more power and longer battery life. More expensive drills have metal gearboxes that don't strip.

If you can scrape another 40 quid something like this may be useful for a while
Bosch GSR 14.4VLI-3 14.4V Drill Driver with 3 Li-Ion Batteries | NoLinkingToThis.

I have just bought a DeWalt 18v from B&Q for £99. It seems like a decent bit of kit for the price.

Trade point actually had a decent Bosch in their clearance sale, but I reckon they'll all be gone now.

What's it gonna be used for?

Thanks Roger.
I've not had a great experience of old fashioned NiCads (although the actual Makita drills I've owned have been good). I think as others have said, i'll have to up my budget - there goes all of yesterday's profit.

Thanks Roger.
I've not had a great experience of old fashioned NiCads (although the actual Makita drills I've owned have been good). I think as others have said, i'll have to up my budget - there goes all of yesterday's profit.

There's some Milwaukee combi drills on eBay with the red lithium batteries for £259. You wouldn't regret it, the quality of the tools is far beyond the norm. Dewalt and Makita feel like toys in comparison.

[DLMURL="http://www.powertoolworld.co.uk/free-bosch-battery-offer/bosch-gsb18v-li-1-x-3ah-li-ion-cordless-combi-drill-18v-li-ion.html"]Bosch GSB18V-Li 1 x 3Ah Li-ion Cordless Combi Drill 18V Li-ion[/DLMURL]

this bosch drill is good, it quite cheap cus it only has 1 battery but if you buy it before then end of june bosch will give you another 3ah battery for free. 3 year warranty sorted :)

Last edited by a moderator:
[DLMURL="http://www.powertoolworld.co.uk/free-bosch-battery-offer/bosch-gsb18v-li-1-x-3ah-li-ion-cordless-combi-drill-18v-li-ion.html"]Bosch GSB18V-Li 1 x 3Ah Li-ion Cordless Combi Drill 18V Li-ion[/DLMURL]

this bosch drill is good, it quite cheap cus it only has 1 battery but if you buy it before then end of june bosch will give you another 3ah battery for free. 3 year warranty sorted :)

Thanks AW - that looks a good deal.

I think I'll be having one of them :)

Just bought the [DLMURL="http://www.powertoolworld.co.uk/free-bosch-battery-offer/bosch-gsb18v-li-1-x-3ah-li-ion-cordless-combi-drill-18v-li-ion.html"]Bosch GSB18V-Li[/DLMURL] as posted by AWheating :)

Thanks for the advice.

looks like a good deal to me, bosch reliability, 18v, 2x 3ah batteries & 3 year warranty, i recently bought the 14.4v version for £100, but this 18v is a better deal.

Just bought the [DLMURL="http://www.powertoolworld.co.uk/free-bosch-battery-offer/bosch-gsb18v-li-1-x-3ah-li-ion-cordless-combi-drill-18v-li-ion.html"]Bosch GSB18V-Li[/DLMURL] as posted by AWheating :)

Thanks for the advice.

im only jealous i cant afford/justify getting myself one. maybe ill have to lean abit harder on my drill tomorrow :)

Lean a bit harder on the wife and tell her you are on the lidls pot noodles for a week because you need it. Good bit of kit at a good price. May just get myself one too. Thanks for the link

don't get a drill driver:

- get a cordless screwdriver

- get a good (makita/bosch/millwaukee) cordless combi drill

+ a nice 2kg sds for almost everything else . . .

I dont bother with 12v drill drivers as they are too heavy to use properly. My millwaukee 12 screwdriver can fit in my back pocket however and I use it all day long!

It arrived yesterday - (excellent next day service from powertool world).

Very impressed so far - very compact and excellent weight and balance. The quality definitely seems a cut above my old Dewalt and it comes in one of the new Bosch 'L-Box' cases (matches my big sds :) ). I'm sending off for my free second battery today. Good also to have the peace of mind of a three year warranty.

It's my first Li-Ion tool - looking forward to seeing how it performs.

don't get a drill driver:

- get a cordless screwdriver

- get a good (makita/bosch/millwaukee) cordless combi drill

+ a nice 2kg sds for almost everything else . . .

I dont bother with 12v drill drivers as they are too heavy to use properly. My millwaukee 12 screwdriver can fit in my back pocket however and I use it all day long!

never understood the need for a combi drill myself. What can you actually hammer drill better than an sds? maybe a soft breeze block will drill ok but everything else get the sds out.
I have had plenty of powerful combi drills like the dewalt 24v and currently have 3 x milwaukee 28v's but i can honestly say i have never used hammer mode.

I use the hammer mode on my combi drill occasionally when it's just a couple of 6mm holes and I can't be bothered to drag the 36v in.

I have always been a Dewalt man, but recently brought me a Bosch 36v compact sds drill and its awesome, and then I retired my dewalt 18v for a set of Bosch 10.8v drill and impact driver set, this is the best tool I have owned, so small goies in pocket and does everything my old big 18v does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Which cordless drill / driver? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't rip me off? An office guy recommended me to apply for government rebates and get it installed through timetosave.com.au. How reliable is this...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my toilet a good few times nothing is going to the sewer so don't know is there a blockage or what way it works many thanks and advice would be grateful
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock