Search the forum,

Discuss Which Combi in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atouchofgas

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
My old man has decided to replace his wb350, however I need a comb with 30 kw ch as he has 17 rads (4brm with extensions) there is no room for a cylinder to much crap!
Any help would be great
ps I am gsr

Sorry if the description was brief, found rehema 35c does 30kw ch are they any good or is there anything else. I don't usually do installs 2 in ten years ( mainly srv and breakdowns ) also x800 how long can I leave in system cheers

Last edited:
My old man has decided to replace his wb350, however I need a comb with 30 kw ch as he has 17 rads (4brm with extensions) there is no room for a cylinder to much crap!
Any help would be great
ps I am gsr

Sorry if the description was brief, found rehema 35c does 30kw ch are they any good or is there anything else. I don't usually do installs 2 in ten years ( mainly srv and breakdowns ) also x800 how long can I leave in system cheers

Seems bit odd that an gsr engineer with breakdown experience doesnt know which boiler to pick , with your knowledge i would have thought you know the relaible ones???
x800 not longer than couple hours i would suggest quite acidic stuff.

Personally I wouldn't recommend a combi for such a large house but if you do want that option then go for a combi that has
hot water storage. Vaillant have such a boiler and recently launched there new ecotec plus brand. Alpha also have a stored hot
water facillity type system. Both offer a 5yr warranty. I would recommend speaking to these suppliers and getting there technical advise.
X800 should not be left in the system for long periods. You should always follow the MI's. Next time you are in your merchants pick up a bottle and have a read, I think it says not more than 3-4hrs. It was designed to be used with powerflushing equipment. X400 can be left in for longer.

Your right, I should but its mainly been WB, vailliant, ariston, etc. all got there faults but that's not really an issue. I have heard about atag, remeha, intergas etc but never dealt with them, but what I need is a combi with 30 kw ch output that's where I need advise from guys like yourselves that install them.

I wouldnt put a combi in either but as there is one already and he doesn't want to do the whole system, there's not much option

Last edited:
I fitted an ariston combi about a year ago and had problems with the manifold and connections. They kept leaking. I took the boiler back and got a Worcester Bosch Jr but that was for a studio flat. Aristons are cheap, you get what you pay for. However
I have seen the new Ravenheat boilers, they are made in the uk and have all brass fittings (not plastic) they seem good value but i have not fitted one.

Personally I wouldn't recommend a combi for such a large house but if you do want that option then go for a combi that has
hot water storage. Vaillant have such a boiler and recently launched there new ecotec plus brand. Alpha also have a stored hot
water facillity type system. Both offer a 5yr warranty. I would recommend speaking to these suppliers and getting there technical advise.
X800 should not be left in the system for long periods. You should always follow the MI's. Next time you are in your merchants pick up a bottle and have a read, I think it says not more than 3-4hrs. It was designed to be used with powerflushing equipment. X400 can be left in for longer.

I'd go for the big vaillant. However, they have not released a new version of it yet in line with their other boilers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Which Combi in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock