Search the forum,

Discuss Which Boiler – Vaillant, Glow-Worm, Worcester? Fit Magnaclean? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

hughs

I am replacing a very old boiler for a new one. This is for a 4 bedroomed house with two showers. It can be a system boiler or an open vent boiler.

I have been recommended Vaillant Ecotec Plus 630, Glow-Worm Ultracom 30 SXI and Worcester Greenstar 30Cdi. Other brands that have been mentioned are Keston, Potterton and Baxi. I am quite confused as to which to choose. Reliability and efficiency are most important. Which one should I go for?

Most of my radiators are 15 years old. Will these radiators cope with a sealed system, or should I go for the open vent (expansion tank) system?

Separately, should I also fit Magnaclean Professional – is this effective and worth it for the cost involved? If you recommend it, should I get a 22mm version or the 28mm version? I appreciate that if one has it installed, the best time for me is now, as the system will be power flushed to fit the new boiler.

Many thanks for your help.

we always fit Worcester.....in our opinion the better boiler. worcester backup is far better than any one elses. we fit magnaclean on every system now, the best thing u can buy for a heating system. Might be worth looking out for magnacleans newer version. 28 mm better if 28mm pipe to the boiler. If u get a worcester acredited installer to fit u will get a 5 yr warranty on the boiler too. Check us out....haha

might be worth pressure testing system with air first to see if it will cope with sealing. Sealed system is better.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not much to choose between Worcester and Vaillant. Leave the Glowworm. Although made by Vaillant it is lower spec and the little extra paid for the Vaillant is GVFM. Personally I always fit Vaillants as I prefer a boiler with a stainless steel heat exchanger. You will find as many people that will say the Vaillant is better as you can find who will argue in favour of the Worcester so take your pick.

make sure u dont fill system with softened water if u choose the Worcester. This is where Valliant has a slight advantage with its s/s heat exchanger.

only buy a boiler with a stainless steel heat exchanger!!!!

Forget keston and pooterton/baxi
From that list vaillant is the one
Make sure you fit weather compensation with it too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Which Boiler – Vaillant, Glow-Worm, Worcester? Fit Magnaclean? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock