Search the forum,

Discuss Which bender ???? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

stings27

Gas Engineer
My old Hilmor has seen better days (tho it really hasn't lasted that long) and was pricing up a few different makes.
Was looking at a Monument & Rothenberger
Any thoughts ? :confused::confused:

I bought the heavy duty bender from tool station about 7 years ago and it's still going strong.

Rothenberger for me i like most of there tools but i tend to treat them well, have a bag for my bender that has plastic on the inside to protect the former's and 2 pockets for my drifts i expect the bender to last a good 10 year!

Ive got a rothenberger I wouldnt recommend it, the formers arent square with the handle so it pulls on the pish and ripples the pipe

i find i only get ripples when using shed's copper on a sunday! using my standerd suppliers i get crisp clean bends

honestly most of the benders out there are pants compared to the benders made 15 plus years ago. normally made in china now, poor quality control and they all ripple from time to time.

the rothenberger bender is ok compared to some of there other poor tools.

id take some copper along with you to the shop and try the bender out before you buy.

Hmm! I often wondered about the same stuff made years ago being better than modern stuff. A guy was on the telly some time ago saying that when they made the same product 15years ago it was expected to last about 15years. Today the same product I think he said, is expected to last only about 3-5 years. It was not Plumbing or gas stuff just a steam inhaler mask. I have a Rothenberg but its not half stiff to use and its tight on the bends, making it easy to ripple the pipe. The old Hilmore's were much easier and freer to bend with. :rockon:

Last edited by a moderator:
I can recomend the re-conditioned benditnow machines in tamz link, they have improved the hilmor benders to the point of perfection.

working on a newbuild today got one of my mates in and he had one of them refurbs was a good quality peice of kit still faithfull to my rothen though!

this which bender question crops up here all the time,so can we make this a sticky
which bender do i buy
old hilmor/bend it now -good.......rothenberger.... not good ladyboys-not good/just plain wrong

A had it before and that the flame was too big but am gona get it with map

Gasman there sending me a bolt for that cutter it was missin!

Tams what torch do u use

Paraffin1.jpg

Usually the one with the red handle :smile:

That brings back memories. Fill the blowtorch, pump it up, light it and start working and it flares and sends a 2 foot flame out. How I loved it when we moved onto a bullfinch on a lead from a 3.9 Kg bottle.

fill the torch with parafine in the morning and carry a bottle of meths to get it going how we never burnt more houses down illl never know

If you are talking Bahco benders, they do nothing to justify the extra money and are not ever as good as others.

At the end of the day, you can buy a decent bender for ÂŁ45 quid whatever make you choose. If it is shyte after a year, bin it and get another one. It has cost you 90p a week. As a business expense if you can't afford that you shouldn't be doing this stuff.
Spend ÂŁ100 - 200 and buy a 2nd hand stand up machine and it will do perfect bends until you die and your kids will still be able to sell it to get the money back.

Speak to benditnow, they'll sort you out a refurb. Outlast a new GLM, Roberger or Monument .

I've just got myself a refurbed Hilmor from that link Tamz. Cheers. My last one must have been a cheap import as it was too tight and marking the pipes. This one is the dugs baws.

If you are talking Bahco benders, they do nothing to justify the extra money and are not ever as good as others.

At the end of the day, you can buy a decent bender for ÂŁ45 quid whatever make you choose. If it is shyte after a year, bin it and get another one. It has cost you 90p a week. As a business expense if you can't afford that you shouldn't be doing this stuff.
Spend ÂŁ100 - 200 and buy a 2nd hand stand up machine and it will do perfect bends until you die and your kids will still be able to sell it to get the money back.
They do, they look cool!

Bend it Now were the original manufacturers for Hilmor, until Hilmor decided to cut costs and ship their manufacturing base out to la la land in the Far East. What you get from Hilmor now is cheap foreign imports.

Buy the best, buy from the original quality Hilmor manufacturers right here in Britain. My stand bender from Bend it Now is a brilliant piece of kit.

I've often wondered what those wratchet benders are like (look a bit like a cross bow).

Anyone got some?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Which bender ???? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock