Search the forum,

Discuss Which Bathroom Design Software in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jimmeh

I think its about time I invested in some, so what do you guys use if any?
Any recommendations or stay a ways?

:)

Normally a hb pencil, graph paper, tape measure and ruler :)

Interesterd to see whats out there though.

There are free ones and also free trials of software that you later purchase. Google and you'll find them.

I think it was AWeating who put up a link to a pretty decent software thing a wee while back.
I just do the pencil and paper thing or knock wan out on paint.

It's not bathroom design software as such but if you're prepared to spend a bit of time getting used to it, Sketchup is good - free full 3D modelling. It's easy to use when you've got used to it and can look impressive if you can show a customer a 3D view of their bathroom etc and spin it round in front of them on a laptop. There are libraries of pre-drawn elements for Sketchup - not so sure what's available for bathrooms but I'd bet there are plenty (a lot of manufacturers produce sketchup models of their products these days).

Or if you just want 2D CAD, DraftSight is free and works just about the same as Autocad.

In my previous life in building services / fridge design I used CAD a lot but it's pretty quick to pick up even if its your first time.

Because I'm a saddo, I used both these to plan a raised, paved area behind our house - Sketchup for a 3D layout and Draftsight to design a flag layout

gardenRemodelOption1.jpg

flag_layout.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Which Bathroom Design Software in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Size of bathroom 230cm x 210cm Height 230cm Birmingham Area Initial problem Burst pipe underground in bathroom, concrete. Have had this dug up & made safe for now, have had affected pipe cut & put end caps on. Work required Full bathroom remove old tiles walls and floor. Renew tiling. New...
Replies
Views
I'm looking for a career change, currently working as a Mechanical Design engineer and have done so for the past 10 years, I'm now 27 years old and looking for a trainee/plumbers mate role while I obtain the required qualifications. I have designed and fully fitted out a bathroom and two...
Replies
Views
Just been to a nightmare of a job! Had to carry out a service on the 2009 British Gas 330 + (GC: 41-019-11) It's a Glow Worm boiler. The boiler was flashing SE even before I arrived, which I assumed the service reminder needed resetting. After completing the service I contact Glow Worm to...
Replies
Views
I’m about to embark on a new listed building restoration project. There are seven bedrooms and three bathrooms, one of which in downstairs so not very convenient. I’ll be looking to sell on once completed and people basically expect a bathroom per bedroom these days 🙄 so need to get creative. As...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I’m just DIYing a bathroom refurb and came across this blanked off pipe in the wall that protrudes out about 2cm. The previous owners tiled round it and left it exposed which makes me think that it was left in situ on purpose. We don’t actually use gas in the house and don’t have a...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock