Search the forum,

Discuss Where to collect sample for Fernox System Health Check in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

I've just had a check done on my central heating system. The RGI suggested it might need a powerflush and collected a sample for a Fernox System Health Check. The sample for the central heating system was taken from the bottom of a Fernox TF1 filter and contained a fair amount of black particles. Is this the correct place to take the sample? Samples I later took from a radiator bleed valve were almost clear.

I don't want to go down the expensive route of a powerflush for a system which was entirely new 5 years ago.

Many thanks

Normally do a couple of locations normally not from the filter

The sample for the central heating system was taken from the bottom of a Fernox TF1 filter and contained a fair amount of black particles.
That shows the filter is doing its job; not that the system needs a powerflush.

Take samples from several rad bleed valves, combine them and use a Fernox Water Test kit, not the System Health Check kit which only works if you have flushed the system first using Fernox products.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Where to collect sample for Fernox System Health Check in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

… praying to the plumbing God, Bob Pictures and layout details attached, so be patient. 21 year old oil fired system in pretty good nick. I noticed some minor pumping over from the vent (occasional burst of water, and the odd dribble). Didn’t think much of it as I was about to replace the...
Replies
Views
Hi! I have mostly underfloor heating in my house and one new radiator and two old. A bit of metal pipes and three manifolds, but mostly PEX-pipes. The heat source is a Vaillant FlexoCompact 88/4 heatpump. The plumbers which installed the heatpump added Elysator Sanol (cleaning agent) and...
Replies
Views
I am starting a large victorian renovation and it will involve, (amongst everything else) installation of an entirely new heating and plumbing system. Plumbing, like most trades, seems to have two main aspects; design and installation. The installation part on my last two projects was painful...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've had F23 error on my Vaillant ecofit pure because of CH system. My rads are not heating up properly. I've replaced the 3 way mid position valve, and taken the head off the Grundfos UPS2 and cleaned out the impeller. I've run Sentinel x400 for 4 weeks now, prior to this I drained...
Replies
Views
Hello ! I have recently moved into a new house – or rather a 1960s built house. The central heating system looks to be around 10-12 years old Its conventional mains gas boiler central heating system (not a combi) the boiler is an “Ideal logic 18” – with hot water tank in an upstairs airing...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock