Search the forum,

Discuss where to buy iron fittings for gas??? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Purge the gas out. Inject air or nitrogen

Then presumably tap a thread into the hole and install a nipple/purge point?

No. Just offer a pipe up. Get as best seal as possible with a rag or damp towel. And blow it out

Tapping the hole will create heat and there is still gas in the area your working in. Blowing it out ASAP is much safer

Bit confused here ,

right you drill a hole out,put a rag to it and blast through with air to get a compressor ,

then i presume tap a thread in after purging to seal the hole you have drilled???

Bit confused here ,

right you drill a hole out,put a rag to it and blast through with air to get a compressor ,

then i presume tap a thread in after purging to seal the hole you have drilled???

No. Usually have a 1/2" socket welded on. It provides a purge point for future use and a point to carry out tests

We buy £1000's worth of malleable iron pipework and fittings,Mapress,Xpress,welded fittings every commercial pipe fitting going only place to use is BSS Branches in All major towns, stock everything you could ever need or delivered next day at latest. service and price best you will get if you buy decentamounts, tho cant expect any merchant to jump over backwards for a small sale like a elbow or union can you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to where to buy iron fittings for gas??? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I need to this cast iron pipe back as my new back to wall toilet won’t fit otherwise. Cutting it back i am going to lose the collar. So what fitting can I get for it I would like a flex as it will easier for me when installing the new toilet
Replies
Views
Hi all. I hope you are well. Need some advice on this boiler and fault. E229. Went there and condensate was totally blocked so cleaned it and still not fixed. Then serviced it and still got the fault. Called up worcester and one says its the gas valve as it is making a 3 whoosing noises while...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hello I’d like to replace gas cooker. Curry’s do install but I know they will refuse to install if regs are not met. So I want to understand whether the proposed location is acceptable to qualified gas safe fitter. I can’t find official, definitive list of regs anywhere. Can you point me to...
Replies
Views
British Gas servicing the above boiler ramped up the boiler to maximum in the installer menu to do flue gas analysis. They also measured the working gas pressure on the gas valve test nipple. This fell to 8mbar on maximum and 17mbar on high setting. They then removed the isolation valve under...
Replies
Views
Hello hello,, Hoping there are some experts or experienced Bulgarian plumbing chaps in this site ?. Here in the UK I can fit a bathroom just with the experience I have picked up over a lifetime. I can make copper pipe runs isolaters taps sink shower etc but me and the missus have bought a small...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock