Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. Hi, welcome to the new look - Login with your usual login details, or sign up if you don't already have an account. If you post just once, all the advertisements get automatically removed. We have some competitions coming soon, and lots of new feaures. 

Discuss Where to buy boss (double Socket – same side) in the Fittings & Pipes area at

  1. Klorr

    Klorr New Member

  2. ShaunCorbs

    ShaunCorbs Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

    Just glue two strap on bosses onto a piece of pipe done
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Poppa Spike

    Poppa Spike New Member

    yep, two strap on bosses the way to go.
  4. Klorr

    Klorr New Member

    I know you can use straps but can you not buy doubles on the same side ?
  5. rpm

    rpm Trusted Plumber Top Contributor!!

    Warning- It`s for underground connections and Kloor will go for her guns if you call her mate!


  6. joni os

    joni os Plumber

    Bossed connection not normally used underground. Would normally Tee off 110x110 and reduce to 40mm above ground. Please give further details of installation.
  7. rpm

    rpm Trusted Plumber Top Contributor!!

  8. Chalked

    Chalked Plumber GSR

  9. joni os

    joni os Plumber

  10. Best

    Best Trusted Plumber Top Contributor!!

    Why can you not use two of the 110 x 40mm bosses joined together? They will meet up tight, similar to what you showed
  11. rpm

    rpm Trusted Plumber Top Contributor!!

  12. Klorr

    Klorr New Member

    Yep - that shows you what I have in mind for the double connector

    PS my dad calls me "mate" all the time
    PPS the reason for not using 2 bosses is that I just trying to be tight - mind you may cost more to get a double :)
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2016
  13. joni os

    joni os Plumber

    Connections into vent not underground, post 5 misleading. Sink waste can boss onto vent up to 500mm above ground. Shower waste depends on branch to WC. 110mm Tee to WC with provision for 40mm boss at 90 degrees would suit if branch can be positioned low enough to give 1:40 fall from shower but best solution would be to have WC branch coming in at level of WC outlet, approx. 150mm above floor and use new back inlet gully, connected independently to main run, for shower and sink waste. Tell your plumber to start digging.
  14. Ray Stafford

    Ray Stafford Guest

    A polypipe SWA43 gives you two boss inlets in the same plane on the same fitting.

    Costs way more than a pair of strap bosses though...
    • Like Like x 1
  15. tamz

    tamz Guest

    Or alternatively use a soil manifold which may work out better
Similar Threads - Where boss (double Forum Date
Where oh where is this air coming from? Central Heating Forum Wednesday at 4:04 PM
Where can I get a longer one of these please. It's from a tri flow tap with BW100 filtration system Plumbing Forum Jul 11, 2017
Gas is where the work is these days - true or false? Plumbing Forum Jun 17, 2017
Can't find a 26mm tap aerator anywhere? Plumbing Forum Jun 6, 2017
How many is enough and where to fit valves Plumbing Forum May 11, 2017
Replace thermostatic mixer shower where surface pipes are only 3.5cm apart Plumbing Forum May 5, 2017
Where did croppie go ? Plumbers Arms Apr 15, 2017