Search the forum,

Discuss Where do you buy your fittings from.? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tommytoker

With copper prices up and down so does the price of fittings.
Where do you buy yours.?
Have you found anywhere that is reasonable and stay reasonable.?
I find plumb center for all their size and multi-millions can be the most expensive.
BES are quite good, but not on everything....
Also solder, jeez thats gone up recently too

i get copper from local merchants 73 quid a bundle inc vat, tradepoint are a touch more expensive but not much

Local merchant for me too. When you've been there for a while your discount starts to increase.

My local merchants are called Drakes in Tunbridge Wells.

They're a very helpful bunch and even if they can't always compete with the likes of Screwfix, I will continue to use them as they often go out of their way to help me with unusual items, put me intouch with reps, and are generally a good bunch with proper product knowledge.

I occasionally use the other merchants, PTS & Plumbase but only when Drakes haven't got what I need, which is rare.

mainly use merchants but sometimes use plumbfix for some brass wear as they are cheaper(bib tap unions and bib taps half the price of merchants) the copper fittings from plumbfix are ok but sometimes a tight fit .i noticed at pts its sometimes cheaper to buy in bulk but they never tell you that.

ant

Buy me bundles from build center and fittings come from either toolstation or heating world of spares.

Strike up a friendly relationship with your local merchants and they will usually advise you about what deals they are doing and give you good prices on their fittings. Its in their best interests to keep you coming back. Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Where do you buy your fittings from.? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock