Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement

Discuss Where can I get a longer one of these please. It's from a tri flow tap with BW100 filtration system in the Plumbing Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. Mark levers

Mark levers New Member

Hi all,
    This is the internal thread in my tri flow mixer, it is what the filtered water runs through and it also is what locks the tap to the sink. Unfortunately its too short and I don't know a) what it's called and b) how I can order a longer one so I can fit my new tap.

Help please

IMG_1635.JPG

Last edited: Jul 11, 2017
  2. Matchless.plumb

Matchless.plumb Trusted Plumber Top Contributor!!

Hi Mark,

If that's from a shower mixer you could contact showerdoctor directly and send them a couple of picture too. They surely can help you out as they are quite good at it.

I wouldn't know where to get this part directly so best try would be with showerdoc . send them a pic of the shower mixer or tap and most likely they will sort you out. Perhaps thinking of changing the whole lot rather than servicing

3. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

looks like bsp thread try some brass threaded tube

4. Mark levers

Mark levers New Member

It's from a sink mixer tap, three way. One for hot, cold and this skinny one for filtered water to drink. It has different threads too and bottom hence the hard challenge to replace

5. ShaunCorbs

how much would it need to belonger from the end of the threaded end (big thread)

6. Mark levers

Mark levers New Member

It would need to be an extra 4 cm longer than it currently is as the work surface is much thicker than normal. Worst case is I'll have to chisel down some of the work surface to make it thinner so I can get the retainer screw on it

7. ShaunCorbs

any chance you could measure the external size of the big thread?