1. Hi, welcome to the new look UKPlumbersForums.co.uk - Login with your usual login details, or sign up if you don't already have an account. If you post just once, all the advertisements get automatically removed. We have some competitions coming soon, and lots of new feaures. 

Dismiss Notice

Couple of important things to note. 1. We use Cookies, deal with it. Every website does. 2. Nobody but a currently-registered Gas Engineer should be touching gas or gas appliances. Don't mess with gas at all. 

Discuss Where are my hot and cold water stop valves (stop cocks)? in the Water Regulations area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Valvequestion

Valvequestion Guest

Hi,

I've been wanting to find out where exactly the stop valves (stop cocks) for hot and cold water are. Hopefully one of you can help me with this!

I took some photos and numbered the valves - here's the link: Where are the hot and cold water stop valves? - Album on Imgur

Could you please help me? Thank you so much!

Emily

2. Howsie

Howsie Plumber

2 Turns your hot water off by stopping cold water coming into the bottom of the cylinder.

I can't really see what the other valves are doing from the angle of the photo. Turn them off one by one and see when your bath tap stops running.

Do not have your heating on when you do this.

When you put them back to their original position, give them a half turn in the opposite direction as this will stop them from sticking.

• Like Like x 1
  3. GasmanxxxR1

GasmanxxxR1 Plumber GSR

Think 2 is a balancing valve not the hw off

4. GasmanxxxR1

GasmanxxxR1 Plumber GSR

Possibly 3 is hw off, hard to tell

5. quality

quality Plumber GSR

Turn them all off that may stop the water

6. Dotty

Dotty Guest

Please register with us and start a new thread to receive an answer to your question.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.