Search the forum,

Discuss When they google it :) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott_D

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Quoted for a combi swap
Vaillant 832 for £2250
IMG_2707.PNG
IMG_2708.PNG

next email will be do i have to have all them added extras on :D

Not sure where he can get one for £1100
831 for an 832 so would be an easy job

Tell him to Foxtrot Oscar, he's goin to be a bellend to work for

Give him the benefit of doubt. People just want to know what they are paying for.

Next thing will be “I can get a magnaclean off a bloke on EBay for £80 instead of the £120 that you’re quoting” then “Just how many screws have you quoted me for, it’s not a full box of 200 is it?”

Just shows how naive some people are. They think any money above the cost of the main item to install is all labour.
Your reply was good and nice and polite.
It would be tempting to tell him to buy the boiler from the internet (to save himself the hundred plus quid) and you will install it.
Then when he comes back to you in a couple of weeks, just tell him other customers have now taken his time slot.

Personally, if I received a message like that, I would have replied:

Thanks for bringing that to my attention.
I rescind my quotation.
I have made a mistake and my quotation price is now £300.00 more.
( gee I had trouble finding that £ symbol - we went to $ in the mid sixties)

Please sign the new quotation and deposit 20% deposit into my bank account and we will proceed with the installation

Just a gentle reminder that quotes are free no obligation. Price breakdowns are chargeable.

Fact is that the Internet as good as it is can also be an absolute nightmare

Just a gentle reminder that quotes are free no obligation. Price breakdowns are chargeable.

Fact is that the Internet as good as it is can also be an absolute nightmare
You charge when breaking down prices ? Is that the way I understand it ?

No I don't but it's more a gentle reminder then they think they're getting something for nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to When they google it :) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Recently had a Viessmann Vitodens combi boiler installed, quite often when the adjacent cold mixer tap is opened the boiler starts for a few seconds! Can anyone tell me what is causing this? And how to cure?
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock