Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss When replacing silicone.. in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. Harvest Fields

Harvest Fields Trusted Plumber GSR

Mapei is all I use as well. It is better quality and I have not had any problems with Black horrible mould appearing on it.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Matchless.plumb

Matchless.plumb Trusted Plumber GSR

I didn’t know that people would like to be without A shower for 3days. You may have customers with 3 bathroom though. Customers I know wouldn’t be happy. However a hair dryer does the job too

3. Matchless.plumb

Matchless.plumb Trusted Plumber GSR

And not to forget I didn’t want to offend you neither question your works just find it a little weird

4. YorkshireDave

YorkshireDave Plumber

Tis fine bud. All taken in good faith. The boyz will be round at 3am :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  5. S.P.S.

S.P.S. GSR

It’s a pet hate of mine, incorrectly installed enclosures is just stupid, I know hardly anyone one reads any instructions any more, it’s it’s all there in black and white.

Still it’s keeps us in business, and it shows the customers you know what your on about when you can explain to them why it’s leaking...!

6. mutley racers

mutley racers Plumber GSR

Thanks all. I was replacing the silicone in 2 showers. 1 for aesthetics and the other as it had leaked in a corner at the back. The reason I asked is because we usually silicone the tray in and wait for that to dry and then install the screen. But when just re doing the silicone i just scrape what i can from around the tray and seal.

A horrible job it is indeed.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1