Search the forum,

Discuss When Customer Says You're Too Expensive in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
cos you aint got much time to prepare your quote and explain to customer all on survey
Explain what? If I give a price, this is the price, you agreeing to it, means you understand it. I clearly put at the bottom of every email "if you have any questions please fell free to get in contact" I am not psychic, I can not read minds. I give price, customer asks questions, they either agree or disagree, I don't force them, I don't hold there hand, I don't cuddle them, I don't force them to do it, they choose to go ahead with it. They don't want to then don't go ahead. You agree price then pay, simple

I only supply and fit central heating mate , wb guarantee is 5 ,7, 8 for me
i dont do bathrooms
And you moan that your not busy!!
beggers really are choosers.
what happens if there is a power shower in system? You just cap it and leave it?

Explain what? If I give a price, this is the price, you agreeing to it, means you understand it. I clearly put at the bottom of every email "if you have any questions please fell free to get in contact" I am not psychic, I can not read minds. I give price, customer asks questions, they either agree or disagree, I don't force them, I don't hold there hand, I don't cuddle them, I don't force them to do it, they choose to go ahead with it. They don't want to then don't go ahead. You agree price then pay, simple

knowing how to do this will help anyone really

We when were smaller had a pro former quote, filled it in on day . Two copies one for us - signed and accepted by custard and one signed by us accepted by custard.

Now it's all done electronically. Google cal for appointment, survey details stored on notes bit any photos on g drive.

Tart sends out formal quote.... Which is cut and pasted in to g notes on job . Oh it's so streamline..... Till you see stock rooms or the waste store . Last week we had a mountain of boxes probs 200 duotec and ecotec boxes mixed in with a few logics and all the installation debris...... No metal not even a screw tho? Strange ???

Last edited by a moderator:
We when were smaller had a pro former quote, filled it in on day . Two copies one for us - signed and accepted by custard and one signed by us accepted by custard.

Now it's all done electronically. Google cal for appointment, survey details stored on notes bit any photos on g drive.

Tart sends out formal quote.... Which is cut and pasted in to g notes on job . Oh it's so streamline..... Till you see stock rooms or the waste store . Last week we had a mountain of boxes probs 200 duotec and ecotec boxes mixed in with a few logics and all the installation debris...... No metal not even a screw tho? Strange ???

how many fitters do you have working for you ?

Changing the subject completely!!
how long did it take to become accredited by worcester, I have been trying for last 8 months, local rep has spoken to me once in this time, couple of texts and an email, still no idea of if or when they will accept me!

Don't forget when I was fitting ch systems you did not know where the front door of your ft college was :) lol

Sorry Jase I did mean to say , you to see my web and see the FB updates with all my install work mate

Jase just blow him will you he is practically begging for someone to come along and re assure him.

I don't think I put up enough of a fight. I just remind them there's always someone cheaper and leave them be to make their mistake.

Once when I was experiencing some hard times I got a few quotes to felt, batton and tile my roof. Of the three I could only afford the cheapest even though I wasnt overly impressed with the guy.
With a pregnant wife to think of and winter imminent I had no choice but to pay my moneys and live with the consequences. Incidentally the chimney flashings leaked and I had to fix it myself :lol:

I'm in a partnership and getting fed up with wiping peoples arses and dealing with stupid calls

I understand now ! Then get shares out and make a move then ! There is lots of work to be done in London

Problem with London is running cost hit the roof. I keep thinking of chasing more work in town but by the time I leave at the crack of dawn pay the extra fuel congestion charge and parking. Then sit in 2 hours of traffic to get home any extra that I could charge is already gone. I find I earn the same money in kent as I would in London

my only work is in London so we will be going buck to my old area Ruislip as I am spending silly money on diesel really

It depends on what the job is.

If you want it - negotiate, if not fob it off.

You can generally tell if a customer is genuine with the figures they have in the first 2 minutes of a phonecall, and you should know whether or not these figures are achievable from your quotation.

We are 50/50 to be honest .... But thinking of going back as I do too much of a long drive each day ! I cover like 200mils a day

I get miffed if I cover 40 miles a day, and the scenery around me is great :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Stan not thought about going other way - Northampton, Banbury Oxford? Or even Leamington spa Stratford and Warwick?

Don't know anyone there pal , I personally will go anywhere where there is enough so I can proved food on the table for my family tbh

What sort of day rate are you chaps in London getting ? Not that I'm after work there, just curious.
I'm in the sleepy South West & like the laid back attitude to work here.

Stan do u do quotes or does some one give you the work? Have you advertised?

no I work for my self , dont have a boss and only work with customers direct no builders involve . Yes I plan and organise installs acording to plans along with other trades but only with customers , no estate agents , no landlords , no idiots

Jase you naughty boy this is open forum! And if that all it is in London then I'm definitely staying in kent....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to When Customer Says You're Too Expensive in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock