Search the forum,

Discuss Whats this valiant boiler part that's leaking? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi folks,

By boiler has started leaking but I don't know what this part is or why is has a hole in it?

It's an old valiant boiler, afraid I don't have a model number.

Thanks
Alex

boiler.jpg

Hello Alex,

As above really. only gas safe registered engineers are allowed to take the boiler cover off. Please do yourself and your family a favour and put that back and get aqualified engineer out. He will surely tell you what it is and will fix the problem you currently have.

very common aslo please do not remove the cover / case of the boiler as your not qualified to do so

also looks like you havent had the boiler serviced in a while

Thanks for the quick responses. I have a qualified engineer coming round on Wednesday. I was worried it may cause more damage if it's leaking onto something it shouldn't?

I had the boiler serviced by them 1 year ago but you mentioned that it looks like it hasn't been serviced in a while which I worrying.

Thanks for the quick responses. I have a qualified engineer coming round on Wednesday. I was worried it may cause more damage if it's leaking onto something it shouldn't?

I had the boiler serviced by them 1 year ago but you mentioned that it looks like it hasn't been serviced in a while which I worrying.
According to the air vent it looks pretty much like it.

did they remove the cover if/do you know?

Yes they removed the cover. The boiler was loosing pressure which is why I called them out a year ago and what ever he did fixed it. He didn't replace anything at the time. I've previously hadthe PRV and pressure expansion tank (not sure if that's what it's called) replaced.

I guess the problem with a boiler service is I don't think I'd be able to tell if I'd had a good boiler service or not.

Please do not remove the case. Get yourself a different Gas Safe Engineer in mate, I would change more then just the part that is leaking if I am honest. It is just going to keep costing you money. Also a goodflush of the system with it.

Hopefully your engineer calling Wednesday will include changing the AAV,the leak you’ve got is common stuff an easily sorted.Now put the case back on an watch McMafia on bbc I player if you haven’t already...cause it’s good :D

Case is back on and I won't remove it again. Thanks the the help everyone. I'll let you know what he does to fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Whats this valiant boiler part that's leaking? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock