Search the forum,

Discuss Whats the most reliable motorized valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gazzt

Esteemed
Whats the most reliable motorized valve in your opinion.

In my opinion, Honeywell. (for Domestic I presume).
Not had many go faulty over the years.

Going off what others have said about them I have wondered if the quality is not dropping slightly though!

Like it tends to do with most things over time.

In northern Ireland danfoss ,myson and Drayton seem to be the most popular valve fitted in heating systems. I dont like Drayton, myson seems to be the best of the three. Honeywell valves are not as popular, i guess it all comes down to cost.

Honeywell for me too. I have been tempted to try the cheaper alternatives but i think I'd just be inviting trouble.

Drayton for me, had too many honeys fail

Surprised anyone still trusts Honeywell valves. They do look well made on the outside, but if you open a failed Honeywell valve and take a look at the poor design, you will find the loose arm has worn. That is, unless they have changed the design, which I doubt.
I find Honeywell poor, Danfoss total rubbish, Drayton okay, but break after a few years and lock micro switch on. Myson motorised valves are cheap and surprisingly reasonable reliability

Thanks for your replies, its good to get the thoughts of different plumbers / engineers on there experience with motorized valves.
Sync motors are basically the same in all so its down to quality of motors and micro switches for the actuator. Also some come with 5 year warranty which i find strange, how can the supplier tell when it was fitted and cover the warranty.

Thanks for your replies, its good to get the thoughts of different plumbers / engineers on there experience with motorized valves.
Sync motors are basically the same in all so its down to quality of motors and micro switches for the actuator. Also some come with 5 year warranty which i find strange, how can the supplier tell when it was fitted and cover the warranty.
Because skilled professions like myself ;) have to keep receipts and records for an absolute age.:mad: So if one breaks we can check when it was fitted.:D

Drayton for me easily removed head. I hate Danfoss especially the 4 wire version. I thought butterfly valves had less problems.

I have changed loads of myson power extra valves and heads. I don't really rate them at all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Whats the most reliable motorized valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock