Search the forum,

Discuss What's the best/top quality remote control LFE in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sharp Point

As title boys and girls, I've got to find the very best Lfe to replace a very poor quality 'kinder' fire. The gentleman is a very wealthy 87 year old pensioner. He's just had a very swish new build built and a marble surround with a remote control kinder fire and has had nothing but problems with it, i was called to have a look and four hours later with a new maplins battery box solder in place...it was working again! It lasted two days and we agreed the control box is to blame.
He has the manufacturer out over 6 times in 18 months and has had enough....now wants a new fire that'll last with no problems. He's very immobile and uses an electric buggy inside, that's quite funny as he's slowly bashing everything to pieces, only got good use of one arm so needs a remote that'll work with hand, his kinder remote, is a two button down at the same time to ignite the fire.

thanks

I've been fitting Nu-flame fires or Gazco
All remotes that I know of are 2 button to start as it's a safety feature
Nu-flame does one with a wall switch as another option but you'd have to get the cable to it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to What's the best/top quality remote control LFE in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Mum is 97 and lives alone in a 2-storey house. Potterton Combi boiler, and a simple thermostat like this https://www.heatingcontrolsonline.co.uk/image/cache/data/Drayton/RTS1_24001_Angled-B_0-1000x1000.gif halfway up the stairs. She has never really understand thermostats... if she is cold, she...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have a Heatmiser UFH installation, 7-8 years old now. This week we noticed that a few of our heating zones were not warming up, even though the thermostat was showing the flame symbol. They were working fine last winter. I knew from when I looked at the installation in the past that...
Replies
Views
So I bought my first flat recently (am in UK) and in a bit of a pickle as the bathroom has turned up lots of problems that weren't picked up by the survey. I have had loads of plumbers over, and have always carefully checked their reviews/tried to vet them as much as possible. However, I've had...
Replies
Views
This is a weird one, for sure... I had an old Vaillant combi replaced by a new Worcester Greenstar 4000 by Boxt. It was as simple a job as you can imagine - direct replacement... my house is a simple 2 up 2 down semi - nothing remotely complicated. However for the last two months since it was...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I moved into a new build three bedroom, two bathroom bungalow about 2.5 years ago. Ever since we moved in there has been an issue with the water pressure. Toward the end of last year the pressure had got worse. For instance, you could not run another tap in the house if a...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock