Search the forum,

Discuss what would you recommend in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
From williams and co. Was 119 including tap and waste. Looked at wickes but it was kind of the same price for the size and I was getting all my gear from them so went with them. Good build quality too

From williams and co. Was 119 including tap and waste. Looked at wickes but it was kind of the same price for the size and I was getting all my gear from them so went with them. Good build quality too

That's a cracking price mate, nice one!

Clear, but when you silicone around the inside of the tray and down the sides at the front, do you do this in white? And how do you transition to the clear at the front? Bcause your supposed to silicone tray before fitting screen, or do you just install screen and silicone back and sides of try inside in white and then around the outside of shower tray in clear?

20130731_190617.jpg

Well, the shower screen was too big. So I just cut 10mm of top and bottom rail and hey presto. It's snug like a bug now. Quite a mission to move around on your own those shower trays are. Was surprised I didnt shatter it after hearing the stories on here

Do behind the channels when you put em in in white put screen in drill it all in place run the white round inside then do all the outside in clear

Just wondering if anyone has any good for ways to shorten the silver rings that cover th pipe holes on the shower valve. I left it all connected for tiler so he could see my distances. He removed it and put it together without them coverings and so now the pipes way too short

Just wondering if anyone has any good for ways to shorten the silver rings that cover th pipe holes on the shower valve. I left it all connected for tiler so he could see my distances. He removed it and put it together without them coverings and so now the pipes way too short

Surely someone has had to do this before!!?

I guess for this reason, it is good if you can do all the stuff involved. Not just the plumbing. There wouldn't be half the issues there is when all different trades on 1 job

Its this one..its an external bar one with 3/4 connectors. I didn't really want to have to buy anything. Losing cash on this job. Sometimes though, when it has been going on and you just want to get it finished, I don't care what it costs. I just want it finished

Mutley could you wind a tap extension into the back plate so brings your offset its out a bit further, or havr you thrown them out and used a fixing kit

Now that is an option. Use an 1/2 inch male to 1/2 inch female behind offset parts. Then I would never know if it were to leak or not as it will be concealed

Now that is an option. Use an 1/2 inch male to 1/2 inch female behind offset parts. Then I would never know if it were to leak or not as it will be concealed

Wind em in then offsets put 3/4 blank caps on test then put bar shower on

I find it easier to use the fixing kits instead of those annoying angle things set pipes level at 150mm centers done a LOT easier imho

Is that the metal bar kit? I hate those offset things also. Prefer the ons with compression on end of valves. Then you can leave as long as you like and cut to length

20130730_140615.jpg

Does anyone know what fitting I need to go into this? I have tried 2inch pipe. 2inch rubber boss things. 2 inch reducers. But nothing fits. It came with a rubber reducer but I threw it away. Think it's from wickes

Not a straight bar two round backplates with olive inside , goggle bristan fixing kit

A tenner less the cost of 2 wallplate elbows and a lot of fkn around :smile:
On stud walls i drill 2 16mm holes @150mm centres through a dwang (noggin) Gives you something solid to screw into.

Is that the metal bar kit? I hate those offset things also. Prefer the ons with compression on end of valves. Then you can leave as long as you like and cut to length

Most mira bar showers come with the easy fit kit now. Installed a Mira Coda and was pleasantly surprised when opened up. Think all the plumbers moaning made have a rethink? Worth knowing however.

Other people make em as well as bristan mutley worth the extra money for me though makes installs so much easier

A tenner less the cost of 2 wallplate elbows and a lot of fkn around :smile:
On stud walls i drill 2 16mm holes @150mm centres through a dwang (noggin) Gives you something solid to screw into.

A dwang Tam, is that regional terminology for a noggin?

Definitely going to add them fixing kits into the quote next time. I like less hassle. Dwang hey. I never heard that word but my phone has.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to what would you recommend in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock