Search the forum,

Discuss what van do you drive???? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
2006 VW Transporter 2.5 130bhp, nice and quick but shocking on fuel. Anyone know about remapping these to be more economic on the fuel without losing any power?

yes ,swap it over for vw transporter 102bhp -i do on a full tank over 550 miles (combine city and motorway )
if on motorway only I get over 600miles

mfgs how many miles do you get on full tank ? might need to change your driving stile ! do not drive it like a is a 911

I get about 450 miles roughly from about Ā£100 of fuel. town driving and a bit of motorway.

Yeah its manual, just likes to drink alot of fuel.

My Kombi 140 ps gives me around 425 miles for Ā£100. Mostly short local journeys, mind you my previous van a 104 ps Kombi was about the same.

I usually manage 600 miles and 38-39mpg in my transit which usually means I've 7-8 miles of traffic behind me ...

(I do pull over to let people overtake but some just slow down with me as they have probably never overtaken anything in their life...)

my vito does about 500 miles to the tank, approx Ā£90. Just got back from the caravan a round trip of about 360 miles used about Ā£65 in fuel, if i used the range rover it would have cost at least Ā£100

I drive an 09 plate Volkswagen Crafter MWB with about 13k on the clock. It's like a mini-plumber merchant in the back, all racked and stock binned to the max. I hate going to the merchant mid-job for something that's why!

Ā£70 for 350 miles at the moment, starting to cost less each time I fill now as I think the engine is starting to bed in.

Love it!

08 SWB Vivaro got it 2 years ago with 18 months warranty left and 14K on it and has now got 31k on it, would reccomend them!

Got to be said :
ALL ABOUT THE FORD !!!!!!!!!!
Downsized to a connect from a transit , carry less , everything else is better !

2008 Vw t5 1.9 tdi 102bhp, always fill mine to max when fuel light comes on!

I have always got 560-570... Always!!!

After servicing van with new Bosch air filter, fuel filter & castrol edge oil ( good stuff) I have got 600 miles until the fuel light comes on! I'm well happy!! :)

We need a van forum for all van related threads, it can include van pics, recommended vans, racking, roof tube & security upgrades etc...

Yeh I could go for that gas safe but fords & vw's only yeh :)

New transit looks pretty smart... I'm not sure i would want one just yet tho, there may be teething problems... Plus production has moved to some cheap place I think...

Jivaro much more efficient when on the road. Tranny is the standard. we have high top sprinters but they love the rain and salt brown love marks all over after 5 years. Like vw don't like vw prices.

I'm not sure what's goin on with mercedes... There supposed to be a premium brand but I see alot of 2006 type years covered in rust :0 would put me off one forever

I really need to give it a wash and tidy up

commer.jpg

I've seen 3 year old mercedes vitos with more rust than that...

It actually looks like a good sized plumbing van that one lol!

It actually looks like a good sized plumbing van that one lol!

They were a decent van in their day. Drives like a boat tho and about the same top speed. Good apprentice seat on top of the engine.

I'm just getting my first van since going solo, thinking of a caddy would like to go kombi but probably end up with maxi, any ideas on where to source racking?
Cheers

I use a land rover defender which has just let me down.. so I went out to buy a van and a whole day scouring the dealers came up with nothing so I am... vanless :(

Can the Landrover be fixed or has it just rusted away to a pile of dust?

Whats up with defender? Im in a 110 td5 hardtop, its a love/hate relationship!lol. But wouldn't be in anything else. Something packs up now and again but parts always cheap enough and easy to change myself. I've saved loads on travel costs since i bought it.

well its needed a few new parts and ive just done one wheel bearing, not it needs another..
worst thing is that the rear of the chassis needs some welding before it will go through an MOT..

its juicy to drive, around 22mpg and a van like a dispatch 1.9D is what I have my eye on.

its a love / hate relationship for sure..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to what van do you drive???? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. Itā€™s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going to dig it up and replace it šŸ˜¬. Question is can I use normal 22mm plumbing push-fit connectors to make the connection as finding 22mm MDPE fittings...
Replies
Views
Hello all, Iā€™m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. Iā€™m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock