Search the forum,

Discuss What Tools should I Get For Starting An apprenticeship in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
well my footies arrived today and i must say they look very good. i can't wait to give them a test.

You need to drag yourself away from the computer first mate.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Nice work you found a apprenticeship, same thing my fitter did work experience then he got offered a fulltime job. When i did installs for my first job i didnt buy tools untill about 10 months later. Most of the time you just borrow of your fitter, most fitters have like mutiple sets off pipe slices and when the wheels break they buy a brand new one instead of replacing the wheel lol. Now i do maintence i dont bother bringing tools in, i justborrow.

Tools i would get are
Rothernberg slices brand
Bahco spanners
8" or 10" stillsons
10" pump pliers rothernberger
Go system blowtorch like 25 quid on ebay, dont bother buying heatmat and flux just get it off your firm
Pencils from argos or ikea (free ones)
Junior hacksaw
Hammer
Screwdriver set (ratched one is handy for weak apprentice :) )
Stanley fatmax open tote bag

ahh well today my companys top man came along and had a word with me and told me that due to the current ecconomic world he cant take me on as a plumbing apprentice but its ok for me to do like 3 months unpaid work for him so say that ?? so i am now looking for an apprenticeship in the fife area of scotland any help would be realy appresheated thanks

Sorry to hear that. Times are hard everywhere at the moment. Hope you get something sorted.

I've got too many tools already, can carry them about any more cuae of my back

just keep a core selection in a smaller toolbox or bag and leave the rest in your vehicle and save your back

Thanks, I tired that but working in London sometimes means parking miles from the house or office, I need a trolley to load my stuff onto.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to What Tools should I Get For Starting An apprenticeship in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, my name is Michael and I am 18. I have my level 2 and 3 qualifications in plumbing and I also have a full driving licence I cant find an apprenticeship. I'm based near Tadcaster, North Yorkshire (between Leeds and York). Does anyone know anybody that might want to take me on as an...
Replies
Views
Another newbie in the forums. I’m a 33 year old and after having worked in the Graphic/Web Design industry for around 8 years, I worked a few positions, did a bit of freelance and was continually working late hours and evenings unpaid as well as every weekend. I ended up getting burnout and...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I'm sniffing around what to expect of getting a job in plumbing. My job makes me redundant at the end of September. The whole warehouse moves to the Midlands from Bridgewater. Meanwhile I'm doing my NVQ level 2 in plumbing. The goal of the course is Renewable Energy Engineer. I'll...
Replies
Views
Hey all, First post here, am an avid DIY'er and I'm putting in my mother-in-law's bathroom this weekend, this will be the 3rd bathroom that I've put in, however, I always get by with the poor tools that I have. In your experience what would you say are essential tools? I'm also looking to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi I am trying to replace my bathroom tap with a new one, I am trying to remove the existing rusty flexible tap connectors from this bit of 22mm copper pipe. But this thing is not budging at all its like its welded or super glued on, I am using some water pliers on both points here but its not...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock