Search the forum,

Discuss What to expect? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Plumbers4U

Hi Guys,

Plumbers 4u is is a new section to our busy emergency locksmith company. I am looking for some advice on what to expect. On the locksmith side the calls come in and we catch and convert 60-70% of jobs and we are just not having the same results on the plumbing side. Can anyone advise what to expect when booking emergency plumbing works? I am also looking for reliable plumbers to take the work - would you suggest i look for recently qualified plumbers as they will be cheaper, or plumbers with experience? And would you hire a sub contractor or thanks for your help guys!!

Why not stick to being a locksmith :p

I guess people wanting a plumber or repair are different to someone who is locked outside there car or home so the success rate would be much less!?

Do you have any experience in Plumbing?

When someone calls you, do you just quote a service call fee and an hourly, or part hourly rate.

When you do emergency work, you need to have a fairly extensive range of stock available. You also need to have an extensive range of skills.

Finding a Plumber to suit your needs will be extremely hard. It sounds like you want someone on call for you whenever you win a job. If you can't put someone on wages and pay them a full time wage plus extra for out of hours work, you are going to struggle to find someone to work for you.

As for sub contractors, you may need 10 or so, so that you can be sure that you are able to provide a customer with the service you offer.
Not everyone is going to be available when you need them.

If you offer good money and fast payment to sub contractors, you may win over a few that are willing to provide you with the service you require

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to What to expect? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock