Search the forum,

Discuss What System should i put in all the cals are driving me MAD! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

plumman

HI all,
Im new to the site, just to let you no tho, for my sins I have been doing this for 23 years and I am gas safe.
Right my problem, buying a new house next year, it’s a 2 bed cottage with a floor area of about 64 2m, there will be on and of about 2 adults and 3 kids there (one of the out building will be made for live).
Heating?? I have been looking at a heat only boiler (I like the icos ideal) with a log burner and thermal store and if I win the lotto later on add solar,
Question,,,, in summer I will be heating all that water in the store just for hot water, the fire would not be use in summer, so im I just waste money and just go for a combi and have the space? It just on my mind that when I have the fire on I am wasting all that energy, plus I am buying the small wood land behind the cottage that should keep me in wood for 2 years and im good friend with 2 tree surgeons.

Would really appreciate any help cos this research is driving me mad!

Darren

You cannot be a gas safe reg eng and like the ideal icos

Whether your heating thermal store or a standard cylinder
It still has to be heated no matter what plus a direct thermal store will heat quicker than a normal cylinder

Ha HA you sound like the rep a PTS, he hates all to do with Ideal, fitted lots of them, think there far better solid than most, well must be true you can get them for pea nuts now, thats more y i like!

Ha HA you sound like the rep a PTS, he hates all to do with Ideal, fitted lots of them, think there far better solid than most, well must be true you can get them for pea nuts now, thats more y i like!

You may have fitted loads. Have you done much breakdowns or servicing on these. If you don't check the probes it can melt itself

The new logic may be better. Btw. I don think you can get an icos anymore

thanks Gary, yes thats true but in summer with the combi i would be better of?? so im trying to work which is best?

I got a friend who was a plumber a long time ago and his fan was paying up so he keep tapping it and spaying it with wd40 melted the whole top never seen that before, plus seen a few pcbs gone after 4-5 years, dont do much break downs at all, so wot would u think?, ps just got a icos 24kw with flue from ebay for a bloke 510

Icos/isar are one of the worst boomers ever designed, best heat onlys out there are the Viessmann 100s, avoid the Vaillant 400 series as they don't like a big temp differance.

You can solve your dilema by thinking of solar thermal as in integral part of your heating system rather than an add-on. A well designed thermal system will pretty much keep you in hot water from end of March until end of September. If you are looking to supply space heating from your thermal store via underfloor heating or low temp rads then your thermal system will make a contribution to that all year round as well. What size thermal store are you thinking of installings and what exactly would you be running from it?

System boiler with a indirect cylinder, boiler log burner and a h2 panel to connect it all together . Go for double coil cyl, when u get solar, summer free hot water, winter free heating and hot water from your log burner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to What System should i put in all the cals are driving me MAD! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
My son has an apprenticeship interview for to become a plumber and heating engineer. The have said there will be a multiple choice exam for this for suitability. The thing is my son panics during tests/exams. Is there any book I can buy him to practice the multiple choice test for the exam? What...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock