Search the forum,

Discuss What system/boiler set up is this? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all.
Need to change a 3port valve, i know how to etc, but I don't understand this system. It's a bit of a hash up in the airing cupboard,

IMG_7874.JPG

IMG_7875.JPG

IMG_7876.JPG
IMG_7877.JPG

thought it looked like a atandard gravity feed system with f and e,
But then I looked at the boiler which has an expansion vessel and what not.

IMG_7882.JPG

What kind of boiler/system is this? How do I isolate and drain The system (not tank)? Also when fitting the electrics do I need to reprogram the system?

Cheers

Edd

sealed system and y plan

turn the boiler off / controls off

open the auto air vent black plastic thumb screw / wheel a turn (just until it goes slack dont need to remove the thumb screw)

you can just drain the system via a drain off and it wont refill (unless your filling loop is open)

to refill the system once your finished open the port valve to the mid position

find the silver braid hose by your expansion vessel

and open the taps / screwdriver slot (like a normal iso valve) increase the system pressure to around 1.5 bar and close the valve

bleed your rads if you stop getting air out check the system pressure will probably need topping up again keep repeating till you get water out, then move on to the next rad etc

hope this helps ed

Probably a Y plan system with heat only boiler and heating system has been sealed externally to the boiler.
The pressure can be dropped fully by using a draincock somewhere on system - on a rad, etc, and it can be refilled using a filling loop that will probably be located near boiler, or in airing cupboard. Usually at least one bar pressure needed.
You need to learn all this to ensure your system remains topped up to correct pressure and have your gas boiler and the red expansion serviced once a year by a gas engineer
Speedy Shaun beat me to it. :)

Thanks
Just a quick couple of points...

Where will I find the air vent as I Gota obv open this to prevent a vacuum. Also, what's the best method to add inhibitor? Put it in a rad?

This one is a particularly stupid question but if I pressurise it to 1.5 bar when cold, then when it heats up it will go up to 2ish? Or will the expansion vessel take it up and it stays at 1.5?

Edd

Left of the cylinder (brass body)
And the rad air bleeders

Either put it in the rad or mag clean (red label left of the boiler)

And yes 2-2.5 bar when warm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to What system/boiler set up is this? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock